I do not know my cats breed

jackldaniels

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love my new kitten, Jack Lewis Daniels so incredibly much. It's been bugging me though not knowing for sure his breed. I have a guess it's a domestic cat breed, but I'm a new cat mama, and by new I mean, Jack is my first cat I've ever own my entire life. Please help fellow cat friends!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome!

First, what a great name for your new kitten, it really seems to suit him. I love his "mask"!  How old is he?  

Second, your cat is a domestic short hair as you assumed. I don't see any specific breed in his background.  He really is the epitome of a DSH.  The photo is a bit small to make out his coloring but he appears to be a bi-color gray (blue) and white.  I think the coat  pattern is classified as "mask and mantle" but I'm not positive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jackldaniels

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi and welcome!

First, what a great name for your new kitten, it really seems to suit him. I love his "mask"!  How old is he?  

Second, your cat is a domestic short hair as you assumed. I don't see any specific breed in his background.  He really is the epitome of a DSH.  The photo is a bit small to make out his coloring but he appears to be a bi-color gray (blue) and white.  I think the coat  pattern is classified as "mask and mantle" but I'm not positive.
Thank you so much! I love my kitten to death, ha-ha. He is only 9 weeks old! And you're correct, his color is blue and white. Thank you for the help.