I died homeless & alone

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

the way your friend turned Kasey's fate around showed true courage.
He's a great guy, 50 something, goes to work every day in coveralls and hard hat, under that exterior is a soft heart with the courage to back it up.

He has transfered to aniother one of our sites now, I am in contact with him frequently since I provide engineering support to all our operations. He never fails to ask quite cheerfully, "Hows ol' kitty doing?" I send him some photo's once and a while through our company email system. He frequently says he's glad I was able to take her out of there.

I posted the story on this thread as my own coping method because I find the story outlined in the original post quite disturbing, and I have not lead a "sheltered life". I have an especially bad time hearing about socialized animals that have that trust and dependance betrayed, such as Peaches.

I have to remind myself that occassionaly, as with Kasey the torti, things come togewther and we get to win. She does "own" me now, which is just fine and I think her biggest decission today was "go another round with the stuffed cat toy, or head right for the critter bed"
. Her "revenge" is to live the rest of her life quite well.