I did something so amazing tonight

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great job finally getting to do it!

Originally Posted by kluchetta

My next dream is to be in good enough shape and a good enough rider to go on one of those vacations where you round up cattle for a week!
I don't think I could do that though I really love the outdoors and me and DH both love the country! But.... i dislike peeing in the woods!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm glad you were able to do this. It is great to see you feeling so much better after your surgery.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how I envy you!
I just LOVE horseback riding
but b/c of a bad back, I just can't do it anymore.

Way to go!
Have fun!!

~KK~

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The group is a youth-based mounted drill team. The riders that are older do it at a dead run. My kids are up to the fast lope/gallop stage. My son does it bareback, and he just looks like he's part of the horse. That's one thing that made me want to try - he looks so free, and he smiles when riding where for a while there he rarely smiled. Like once a year.
As you know I haven't been here much lately (and now I broke the power button on my computer) So I havent seen this post. I am so glad you got a chance to ride, I always loved riding. There are many places that are theriputic centers for children with dissablities, they are very relaxing.

I went a couple weeks ago with the neighbor kids they are about 13, we were out for hours playing tag, jumping every log or stream we could find, all at a run, lol! We even had them in the lake smimming (we were soaked!) We had so much fun the girls even noticed I couldn't stop smiling. But I could barely move for 3 days, I would put celeste on the bus and go back to bed until noon!

How are you doing with every thing else, and how are the kids? I am sorry I haven't talked to you for a while, I have been thinking of you.
I hope you have been doing good, and I hope you get the chance to go for a ride again soon, it is really good for the soul (mabey not the body, until you are used to it) This post is so long, I should have just sent you a p.m. LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was very fun, but I was sore for about a week! We're all pretty good here - my DH keeps saying that I should call you and tell you Smudge is defective. LOL! He's just a silly kitten still, even if he does weigh 15 pounds.
Originally Posted by celestialrags

As you know I haven't been here much lately (and now I broke the power button on my computer) So I havent seen this post. I am so glad you got a chance to ride, I always loved riding. There are many places that are theriputic centers for children with dissablities, they are very relaxing.

I went a couple weeks ago with the neighbor kids they are about 13, we were out for hours playing tag, jumping every log or stream we could find, all at a run, lol! We even had them in the lake smimming (we were soaked!) We had so much fun the girls even noticed I couldn't stop smiling. But I could barely move for 3 days, I would put celeste on the bus and go back to bed until noon!

How are you doing with every thing else, and how are the kids? I am sorry I haven't talked to you for a while, I have been thinking of you.
I hope you have been doing good, and I hope you get the chance to go for a ride again soon, it is really good for the soul (mabey not the body, until you are used to it) This post is so long, I should have just sent you a p.m. LOL!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It was very fun, but I was sore for about a week! We're all pretty good here - my DH keeps saying that I should call you and tell you Smudge is defective. LOL! He's just a silly kitten still, even if he does weigh 15 pounds.
He's defective?! LOL! I got a gorgeous chocolate male here you can replace him with (only thing, you can't send back Smudge, LOL! (like you would,hehee) Just pay shipping and he is all yours, his little chocolate sister too! Chowder (the male) is supposed to go to NH with chance, (smudges brother) but they haven't made it up yet to get him, and I have been holding him, but I wouldn't mind sending him to you, LOL! (I named them after that cartoon on the cartoon network, chowder and his sister is peneenee (I don't know how it is spelled, but it was cute and the boy is such a chowder head, it fit them)
Just let me know when you want them, I will get them on a plane. But, they are just as silly as smudge so your DH will think they are defective too!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love riding. Of course the best I can get around here is trail riding which I suppose is better than nothing.

Our daughter was very into horses so we part-boarded a horse for her when she was into riding lessons. We (hubby and I) took my mom when she was in her 60's and Jennifer on trail rides occasionally when Jen was young.

The last time I went was about 5 years ago so you've peaked my interest to get out there again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I love riding. Of course the best I can get around here is trail riding which I suppose is better than nothing.

Our daughter was very into horses so we part-boarded a horse for her when she was into riding lessons. We (hubby and I) took my mom when she was in her 60's and Jennifer on trail rides occasionally when Jen was young.

The last time I went was about 5 years ago so you've peaked my interest to get out there again.
Last night was my riding night, but they cancelled.
It's been 2 weeks because we didn't ride the night before Thanksgiving either. It was too cold out I think to ride the horses indoors (well, in a barn), and then take them back outside.

Leslye - send those babies on over, LOL. Smudge is sooooo funny. He just runs around, and goes under rugs, and chases stuff all over the place. He got into some toilet paper last night, though.
I love him so much. I've got to figure out how to take some photos, cause he's enormous!!!