I decided on my new cell phone

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After months of contemplating iPhone vs Gallaxy, I've decided to go with the Gallaxy.

A few people at work have switched to a Gallaxy and love it, and a couple spouses of people I work with have also switched.  So far the feed back has been unanimously in favour of the Gallaxy.

I went today to get one, but apparently they aren't getting them in until next week. I guess it must be a new model? Anyway, I put my name on the waiting list for a phone to be saved for me.  The choice was white or navy. I picked navy. White gets too dirty.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Are you referring to the GS3 or the Note 2?
Either way, they are both made of plastic, so no matter what color you get, it won't get dirty. Just make sure to get a case!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The Galaxy is really nice; I looked at it last night. Congrats!

My sister just got the iPhone 5.....it's a really steep learning curve for her and she's not happy with it. She's just learned how to text back in May when her first grandchild was born and she realized she was missing out on pictures. She's had her iPhone now for a couple of weeks, I guess, and she really doesn't like it at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Are you referring to the GS3 or the Note 2?
Either way, they are both made of plastic, so no matter what color you get, it won't get dirty. Just make sure to get a case!
I think it's the  Samsung Galaxy S III.  I only saw a picture of it when the girl asked me for my choice of white or navy.

I've seen some pretty cute cases for the iPhone. I'm hoping I can get something pretty for the Galaxy. I want one with lots of bling!  LOL

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want something with bling, you'll have to go online. Basically only the iPhone gets pretty cases in-store.
Luckily you have time so maybe by the time it ships, it'll arrive at the same time as your phone.
:nod:

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my that case is really gorgeous!! Since you're in Canada, I suggest the site http://mobilesyrup.com/forum/ It's like TheCatSite, but everything's about mobile phones and tablets and everything under the sun related to those things: News, people helping people, etc.--All Canada focused. Their logo is a maple leaf and their name (syrup) alludes to maple trees I guess. Enjoy your new phone!!
Android is great.
My friend got the Galaxy S III at a public relations event and sold it on eBay because she's loyal to RIM/Blackberry and AT&T and needed the money.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They still haven't called. I'm going to call tomorrow.  The list was several pages long, so it's entirely possible that they came in but they didn't have enough for the whole list.  So hopefully I'll know something tomorrow.   As long as I have the phone before the case arrives!  LOL

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend got the Galaxy S III at a public relations event and sold it on eBay because she's loyal to RIM/Blackberry and AT&T and needed the money.

Tsk, tsk. She's going to be sorry she didn't keep it when Blackberry goes out of business. :nod:

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL i hope not Minka; I tried her BlackBerry Playbook 2 weeks ago and I thought it was really quality, nice & fast & a cool tool (if I owned it) for productivity. She isn't a fan of this particular device though. Odd. She told me it's because touchscreens annoy her; especially her French manicure. She's a glamour gal, a member of the press

Last edited:

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[quote name="Natalie_ca" url="/t/252094/i-decided-on-my-new-cell-phone"]They still haven't called. I'm going to call tomorrow.  The list was several pages long, so it's entirely possible that they came in but they didn't have enough for the whole list.  So hopefully I'll know something tomorrow.   As long as I have the phone before the case arrives [/quote]   There is also an official Canadian facebook site http://www.facebook.com/samsungmobilecanada they are very responsive and don't like to look bad publicly.   I hope you get the answer you need over the phone in a fast way

Last edited:

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL i hope not Minka; I tried her BlackBerry Playbook 2 weeks ago and I thought it was really quality, nice & fast & a cool tool (if I owned it) for productivity. She isn't a fan of this particular device though. Odd. She told me it's because touchscreens annoy her; especially her French manicure. She's a glamour gal, a member of the press
Ah, yea, the Playbook is a very nice tablet indeed.
I was about to say I understood; when I worked at radioshack we would occasionally have women with long nails come in looking for phones that were Not touchscreen because they wouldn't work with their nails. But then I realized you said she owned a Blackberry Playbook, so she can't really say touchscreeens annoy her, now can she? :p

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
re the BB: It's her duty as a member of the press to promote free devices that are given to her via her blog reviews. The more details the better in the eyes of OEMs and the PR companies that help them. http://GG.GG/hlJ23itiyatfpciml Lucky for them she types 77 words per minute and if you met her in person she can talk your ear off - very loquacious. She can find the positive in most situations. I've known her since freshman year in high school

Last edited:

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, now I remember another reason why my friend has held onto the BB tablet instead of selling it on eBay (which is her modus operandi generally speaking). She wants to buy/get a keyboard dock for it. "Getting" is preferable to buying she likes saying. I gotta agree with that LOL. She fell in love with BlackBerry the company in the early 2000's

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie, keep us posted. And remember to set the screen timeout (the blacking out) time to something sensible for YOUR needs- I have mine set for 10 minutes, custom changed from the 1 minute default. Why do companies think we're so lazy? I remember your other thread when you first asked about Android and accidental dialing and I totally empathize with your hating of fast inactivity default timeout. Go to settings, display, then choose the timeout time you like best. For me, picking 10 minutes means that I MUST remember to shortpress on the power button to blackout manually. It's much better than what the company assumes I like. jmo

Last edited:

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate when my phone doesn't turn the screen off fast enough. Most of mine are set to 1 minute or less :p

Last edited: