I Cried Today in Napoleon's garden

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am looking for a cat sculpture to put there. So far I have only found rubbish or terribly expensive pieces, and none that remind me of him. There is time, and I will know it when I see it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

I am looking for a cat sculpture to put there. So far I have only found rubbish or terribly expensive pieces, and none that remind me of him. There is time, and I will know it when I see it.
That sounds so beautiful.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

It's going to be wonderful. And part of the reason we feel driven to make memorials for our loved ones is that it helps us to grieve, and then in time when the pain is less acute, it helps us to remember with love.
Jenny, it sounds like just what you need. It will be lovely, and I'm sure Napoleon was right there next to you.

Laurie

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww Jenny
Any one of us would break down doing the same thing

Napolean is there with you, thats why the emotions come through so strong

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another nice white flower is anemone sylvestris. Daisies too could work. A nice white rose is Blanc Double de Coubert. Another one (low ground cover) is "snow in summer-it starts with a "C". I know lots more white flowers-let me know. I was working in my alpine bed digging out some grasses that didn't survive the winter and was stepping back over the spot were Sheba is buried-its tough "walking" around that area.
As for sculptures-I found some nice sayings on icky looking "rocks". I found
an artist who when I email Sheba's pic can re-create on a rock and add whatever I want-his stuff looked pretty good-you might want to look into a local artist.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Gail. Yes, anemones are a good idea. I want there to be something in bloom all year round. Both autumn and spring crocus might be good, too. He has his big triangular marker stone (it was the best one we could find in the garden when we buried him), and I will put his name on that, but I thought it would be nice to have a white cat statue sitting in the garden, too. I wll post pix when it is all laid out andplanted, but rain is forecast all week, so I don't know how much I will get done. It's a shame, because my daughter arrives today for a few days at halfterm break, and I know she wants to help me with it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If there are not any plants there yet you could tarp the soil too keep it dry??
Keep the plants in the barn and some extra soil dry too??