I Couldn't Deal With It

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't get people who want to hold onto HS. I was not popular to put it mildly. The only date I had was to the Sr. Prom wirh anothe (nice) misfir. I did go to my 10th just to show e everyone up. I graduated from a small town high school and went to brag about things I had done in the big city. I dropped names like crazy, showed up overdressed and made the point that I had moved on. I will not go to another one if there is one. What a waye and so sad that HS was the high point of someone's life

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been to 3 reunions, 30th, 40th, and 50th. The only memorable moment came at the 30th. I was talking to a guy and his wife- I could still hear then- when I saw a woman across the room staring at me. She came over and said hello, and asked if I remembered her. I finally pointed and said 'Eenie', her nickname back then. When she threw her arms around me and planted a wet one on my cheek, I was in a minor state of shock. Then she took me aside and told me how furious she had been with the way the others had treated me all through school. Well, what do you say to that? And here I had thought that I had no friends at all, but it would have been nice to know that when it mattered.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , glad you made it through as long as you did.

Going to someone else's reunion is a lot more fun if you and the co-attendee went to the same school and the same crowd.

And, best to your DH for being so understanding!

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have never been to any class reunion. None. I went to a huge high school and we had around 400 in my class. I remember maybe a handful of people, because we were in more than one class together. I still have no desire to meet up with these people and reminisce.
Exactly! Anyone I went to school with and still want to be i touch with, I am. The others? Who cares? I tried Facebook for a while and a few old friends resurfaced. When they found out I wasn't living where the thought I was, they faded away again. No loss.