I could spit nails

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats so sad
Id take him, but Im sure he'd fight with Mac.
Props to you for taking care of him!
I can't think of anyone I know that would be willing to adopt a cat.
We were about to take our rabbit down to that sanctuary, so I could have taken the cat with me, but my family decided they'd rather just build a cage for him outside (but not in the winter!).
Anyway, do what you think is best, and good luck to you.

Peace,
Brandon

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tamie, I just saw this thread. How's it going with that poor baby? I can't believe anyone would be that cruel! Correction, I can, but it sickens me.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeez I just saw this too. That poor cat. I feel so sorry for him. I would probly be doing the same things you're doing though. Definately making sure he has food and water #1... and keep getting on the family and animal controls butts to help this cat.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It even worries me this family getting the cat anyway!.

They obviously could'nt give a flying fig about it for it to go this long. I think i would prefer it if puss went to a no kill shelter where genuine cat lovers could give it a new loving home!.

Susan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I found out yesterday that the Humane Society takes reports on abuse or neglect and investigates them so I called them. Meanwhile, I knew someone who had a phone number for the family fostering the boy so I had them call and leave a message that they needed to come and get the cat today because I was calling the humane society to file a complaint. The family came and got the cat yesterday afternoon. Apparently the lady the boy is living with didn't want to take him in her home until they had him neutered because of his spraying problem. She thinks it will solve that problem but I have my doubts since the cat is a couple of years old already and I don't feel confident that these people will have the patience to retrain him (or take the time.)

I would have rather the cat go to the humane society and get a new home too. But according to the law, that is not my call. So I guess it is out of my hands now. I feel I did everything I could. I hope they do the right thing by this cat or else turn him over to someone who will.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I've seen the boy with Tiger and he really loves the cat. This boy has a lot of mental and emotional problems. That's why I really tried to not have Tiger sent to the Humane Society. And the poor kid just lost his dad and his mom is in prison. He needs the kitty.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My prayers follow that cat. Even getting him neutered will more than likely not stop the spraying. It will stop the frequency and certainly tone down the smell of the urine after a few months, but this cat is now ingrained that spraying is okay, and I just hope the new owners will be sensitive to this and try to modify the behavior and not kick the cat outside to fend for himself.

Tamme you did a great thing, and you really put yourself at risk somewhat by being so vocal to the people who should be caring for this cat, telling them what you were doing. Most time, complaints about animal neglect and abuse are handled quietly with the offenders never knowing quite who called them. I am glad there were no reprisals against your or your cats in this instance, and I just hope for the best for all concerned.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too am going to hold that cat in my thoughts. The poor thing needs the best of care (and a boy like that would be a great companion). I only hope the people caring for the boy are intelligent in the matter of cats and children. Thank you for working on this Tammie.