I caused my cats' upset stomach and now they're throwing up food

Maggiez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last Friday I fed my cats with some leftover roast chicken (I stored them in freezer in small bags and thaw them later). My little girl Pen Pen loves it the most so I did a terrible thing by giving her a few more bites. The chicken must have gone bad because a hours after, all my cats had diarrhea and Pen Pen threw up all the food.

I give my cats raw food (Primal) plus high quality canned food (Ziwi canned food) and they rarely had any stomach issues. Pen Pen had threw up like twice in the past year usually because she was eating too fast.

On Saturday I fed them like usual, some raw nuggets in the morning, but Pen Pen threw up again within an hour after eating. I switched to canned, she ate a few bites later and managed to keep the food down.
Saturday night, I tried to give them a bit raw again, but Pen Pen still threw up. So I decided to switched to canned food until she feels better.

On Sunday I only feed them canned. Pen Pen still had diarrhea but she can keep the food down. My other two cats seem to poop normally but their appetite was not back yet.

Today I'm still giving them canned and keeping a close eye on them. Pen Pen still does not have a good appetite. I tried to give her some of her favorite foods and she wasn't interested. She would eat like two bites and walk away. I suspect that she's still not feeling well so she's cautious about not eating too much. She is still playful so I haven't called my vet.

Do you have any advice on this situation? Should I call my vet or keep observing?

I feel so bad giving them bad food (the chicken smelled OK but I should have tasted it myself). My little girl is super tough and acting strong but I'm afraid she's still very sick :(

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I also recommend calling the vet if this is still happening. How are they?