I Catched Bowel From My Cat

koseku

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, sorry for my english firstly.
I have a cat around 4 months old, my cousin gave it to me, she told me that the cat was protected against both internal and external parasites by a veteriner but i found out that she did only protect it against external parasites. Yesterday i saw a bowel at cat's butt and brought it to veteriner, and it is protected and cured(i hope) now. I didn't even know i had to bring my cat to vet each 2 months for parasite protection, from now on i will do it. But this got me concerned if i got internal parasite from cat as well, so i took some pills against it and i saw little bowel at my feces after 3 hours i took the pills. So i got the it too. I'm too uneducated about these issues, im concerned about what should i do? I plan to wash all my cloths at high tempereature and clean my cat's toilet sand and re fill it. I will go to hospital next week for the parasite inside me in case it continues...

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was it worms you saw in your cats bowel movement? Not all worms are "contagious", so it really depends on which ones you saw. What did they look like? How did you know what pills to take yourself?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MOST people have internal parasites of some sort, especially in warm areas, and if they go outside barefoot, so your cat may not be to blame! It shouldn't be necessary to go to a hospital if there is a local doctor. He should be able to give you any medicine you need and get you worm-free very soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

koseku

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Was it worms you saw in your cats bowel movement? Not all worms are "contagious", so it really depends on which ones you saw. What did they look like? How did you know what pills to take yourself?
It was moving and it was pure white with a black dot at head, it was about 6-7mm length and 1-2 mm thickness and it was like a slime.
I went to the nearest pharmacist and told her the situation, she gave me an antihelmintic pill which is taken by chewing 3 pills and another 3 after 2 weeks, i dont remember the name of the drug :/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

koseku

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MOST people have internal parasites of some sort, especially in warm areas, and if they go outside barefoot, so your cat may not be to blame! It shouldn't be necessary to go to a hospital if there is a local doctor. He should be able to give you any medicine you need and get you worm-free very soon!
i'm from turkey istanbul which is warm yes. well hospitals are free here i dont trust local doctor, hospital doctors are more proffesional.
btw i dont blame the cat, the poor thing :/ i just wished my cousin should warn me about the this situation when she gave me the cat

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
i'm from turkey istanbul which is warm yes. well hospitals are free here i dont trust local doctor, hospital doctors are more proffesional.
btw i dont blame the cat, the poor thing :/ i just wished my cousin should warn me about the this situation when she gave me the cat
You're probably fine since you described what you saw and they knew what to give you, but better to be safe than sorry.