I can't take it anymore!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh Susan, just now seeing this thread. I'm so sorry for what you're going through with Cody right now
. I remember those days with Eppie all-too-well. I'm praying things get better...
Has a UTI been completely ruled out?

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
all paws crossed over here!!

I really think getting Jovi neutered is going to help ALOT!!! GOOD LUCK!! you know we are thinking of you

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soooooo...Lovemycodygirl....How long has it been now since Jovi got fixed?
I sure hope it has helped. (It can take a couple of weeks for those male hormons to settle down...trust me, I KNOW) So it might take at least that long for Cody to stop feeling threatened or stimulated by Jovi....if that is her problem.
About all you can do is keep her someplace that it won`t matter so much when you can supervise her...and give her tons of affection when you are with her....and some "alone time" without Jovi until this problem is resolved.
Be sure you do whatever you can to remove the kitty pee smells so that she does`nt keep wanting to go to those spots agin out of habit.
Bless your heart... that has to have been to stressful.
Let us know how it`s going OK???

kobster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey There,

I've had a few successes with pee-ers like cody. First, the anti-depressants, in my experience, really knocked coda out, but after a few weeks, he seemed to ajust to them, and be back to his old self. Maybe give them some more time, and see if the sleepiness wears off.

My vet started giving Coda (a neutered male) depo-provera shots, for territorial peeing. The hormones stopped the problem and he has been much better since starting that treatment.

it took a long time of trial and error to find something that worked, and every cat is different. If you can isolate the reason why she is peeing, then it might be easier to fix. Dont' give up! You love your codygirl, you will find the answers.

How many litter boxes do you have?

-Rachael and the heathens.