I can't eat in Peace!!!

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never have to spray my cats at all. All I have to do is to say NO if I don't want them to do whatever it is they are doing, and they run off.

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If the cat is doing something you want to put an end to quickly, instead of using a water spray, hiss at her. Cats usually take notice when you start talking cat talk. I must have a good hiss, because on those rare occasions I hiss at my three (usually when they start getting too rough with each other), man! do they scatter! And unlike the water container, you always have your hiss with you for use at a moment's notice. I guess you could learn to growl for appropriate occasions, too, but I've never been able to perfect my growl.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by renee44

Dear Robin,
My one year old Jack, is also GREEDY! Shortly after I got him, I made a pb&j sandwich, put it down to answer the phone and found my sandwich on the floor and Jack with peanut butter and strawberry jam on his face! I couldn't get mad at him because he gave me the sweetest "meow". However, now he wants to check out what I've got at breakfast and dinner. He's gone so far as to put his paw in my (or my daughter's) plate, taste it from his paw and deecide whether he likes or not. He loves my pot roast,fried chicken, and Long John Silver's Batter-fried fish and chicken. I have also found meat packages I have taken from the freezer to defrost for dinner in the bathtub and in his "secret forbidden toy stash". I haven't solved that problem yet. However, at meal time I put Jack on the porch to get some morning or evening sun, depending on the time of day. When I'm finished, I let him in. As for the kitten's behavior, if they look like they want to jump on furniture, spray them directly in the face with a water gun or thoroughly clean an old spray bottle and fill it with water. Cat's hate that and it's a good house training tool. Good luck
Jack sounds like an absolute scream! What a gorgeous boy.

As for the water pistol thing - spraying them in the face is really not necessary and it would be good for you to stop doing that. A good squirt on the butt will do the trick and is quite a bit less traumatic for the kitkat.