I can't control him!!!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 7 month old is very similar, he gets 'time out' for a few minutes to calm down in the bathroom when he's really being obnoxious (ie. when he attacks feet or legs).

My hope for a solution is to get another cat around the same age or a bit younger so that they can play together, if that's an option for you then it may be worth looking into.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

My 7 month old is very similar, he gets 'time out' for a few minutes to calm down in the bathroom when he's really being obnoxious (ie. when he attacks feet or legs).

My hope for a solution is to get another cat around the same age or a bit younger so that they can play together, if that's an option for you then it may be worth looking into.

I've never had one kitten by itself, but watching the groups I do have, I've always wondered what would happen if they didn't have each other to beat up. Just got some new foster babies Friday three girls who wrestle each other as roughly as any tough guys. They're not rough on people though. I think your kitten just needs to empty his "bad sack" (my kid's expression), and since he doesn't have siblings, he does it to mom. Of course one of my furless kids still takes it out on mom even though he has a sibling, so i guess it could just be a personality you have to live with.