I can't breathe!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
28 almost 29 weeks pregnant= no air!

It has started to get hard for me to breathe and its seriously driving me insane!

I dont think I can take 10 more weeks of this!

shane's mommie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can do it for the baby!!
I never had problems breathing but towards the end of my pregnancy eating was an issue...it's like I CAN'T EAT! The baby was taking up all of my dag on stomach room so I always felt like the food had nowhere to go!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think that is what it is! I am better now, and she has been moving a lot!!!

I couldnt breathe too well the other night too.....

Back away from the diaphram kid!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you had any respiratory tests done to check your lung capacity? It's not uncommon for pregnant women to find it difficult to breathe as pregnancies progress. The larger the baby gets...the more they can press against the diaphram/lungs/ribcage/etc, making it harder to get a deep breath of air into your lungs.To be on the safe side, a pulmonary function test would be a good idea to make sure that you and the baby are recieving adequate oxygen
(Not trying to scare you, but as a Respiratory Therapy student (specializing in neonatal/pediactric RT), I just thought you may want to talk to your doctor to see what he/she recommends to err on the side of caution since you're having trouble breathing.)

In the mean time....do you have any cinder blocks or bricks near your house not in use? Or you can get some bed risers from places like Bed Bath and Beyond....have someone place them under the front end of each bed post to elevate the area you'd place your head on at night...that should help! You can also try using pillows to keep your head elevated as well....should make it a little eaiser to breathe

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have an appointment on Thursday so i might bring up a PFT to them while i am there.... its so simple I dont see why they wouldnt! I have tried to elevate my head at night but then I cant sleep! lol I am a stomach sleeper by nature and now I have to lay as flat on my side as possible or I lay awake staring at the wall all night

first thing I am doing post-partum is sleepin on the belly!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

I have an appointment on Thursday so i might bring up a PFT to them while i am there.... its so simple I dont see why they wouldnt! I have tried to elevate my head at night but then I cant sleep! lol I am a stomach sleeper by nature and now I have to lay as flat on my side as possible or I lay awake staring at the wall all night

Since you already have an appointment on Thursday, it would be a wonderful idea to request a PFT while you're there just to err on the side of caution! As far as elevating your head at night....definitely have someone place bricks or the bed risers under the two posts at the head of the bed...it will elevate your bed without you feeling it soo much...making it easier for you to breathe! (you can also lay on your side and use some pillows to prop your head up too and seee if that helps.)

Do you have any names picked out yet?

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her name will be Anberlin Rae Sweeny! We are really excited! My husband is 12 years older than me and this is his first child as well!

It should be interesting. I might try propping something up under my side of the bed, but we end up sleeping really close at night so i dont know if it will work so well! hahahaha

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Her name will be Anberlin Rae Sweeny! We are really excited! My husband is 12 years older than me and this is his first child as well!

It should be interesting. I might try propping something up under my side of the bed, but we end up sleeping really close at night so i dont know if it will work so well! hahahaha
That's a pretty name you have picked out
/ Definitely try propping your head up at night...elevating your head will put you in a better position to get a deeper breath in and will make it easier to breathe. (and definitely add risers to the front of your bed - that will make the most difference while disturbing you the least).

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That's a pretty name you have picked out
/ Definitely try propping your head up at night...elevating your head will put you in a better position to get a deeper breath in and will make it easier to breathe. (and definitely add risers to the front of your bed - that will make the most difference while disturbing you the least).
Thank you! It was originally going to be Teagan but we did a google images search and it came up with someone who has that name that is very popular and suffice to say not exactly who I would want as a role model for my daughter, so we kept looking and eventually I just asked him if he liked Anberlin and he said yes!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I thought so too but then I think they told me in my BF class that that can make you express milk, and that your girls might not like that.

I get the best sleep now on the couch. The arms of my couch are high so that along with 2 pillows behind me and 2 big cushions under my legs helps me elevate my legs for the swelling and my head for the heartburn. And the couch itself is soft but firm enough to help relieve the tailbone pain. I can even somehow manage to lay on one side with my belly feeling supported and my feet still up some. It ain't great but it's better than what I've gotten in bed recently.
I've had several nights recently where I fall asleep on the couch for a few hours, get up and catch a little sleep in bed, and then back on the couch and back into bed.... Or some pattern like that. Depends on the night! Falling asleep on the couch is nothing new (even before being pregnant) but all this back and forth is. As hard as I though sleeping was earlier in this pregnancy, it's only increased recently. But seriously, the couch is my savior when it comes to sleep and keeping my feet up. If we had a recliner I'd try that too. The other night I was thinking how I wish I had a recliner like my Grandpa...its power operated to stand him up at the push of a button!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I thought so too but then I think they told me in my BF class that that can make you express milk, and that your girls might not like that.

I get the best sleep now on the couch. The arms of my couch are high so that along with 2 pillows behind me and 2 big cushions under my legs helps me elevate my legs for the swelling and my head for the heartburn. And the couch itself is soft but firm enough to help relieve the tailbone pain. I can even somehow manage to lay on one side with my belly feeling supported and my feet still up some. It ain't great but it's better than what I've gotten in bed recently.
I've had several nights recently where I fall asleep on the couch for a few hours, get up and catch a little sleep in bed, and then back on the couch and back into bed.... Or some pattern like that. Depends on the night! Falling asleep on the couch is nothing new (even before being pregnant) but all this back and forth is. As hard as I though sleeping was earlier in this pregnancy, it's only increased recently. But seriously, the couch is my savior when it comes to sleep and keeping my feet up. If we had a recliner I'd try that too. The other night I was thinking how I wish I had a recliner like my Grandpa...its power operated to stand him up at the push of a button!
YES! I want a recliner! lmao! I would be so much more comfy!!!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wouldn't you know after posting in this thread yesterday I could not breath if I laid in bed last night!?!!?! It was so cozy under the covers but my head was a little congested and the baby was all up in my lungs. *sigh*

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Wouldn't you know after posting in this thread yesterday I could not breath if I laid in bed last night!?!!?! It was so cozy under the covers but my head was a little congested and the baby was all up in my lungs. *sigh*
Your due to have baby any day though! I am almost 10 weeks behind you! lol

Tell baby time to come out!

Time for eviction notice!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm having some breathing issues, only baby shouldn't be near my lungs yet! I'm only a bit over 19 weeks. Oh the joys huh

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Your due to have baby any day though! I am almost 10 weeks behind you! lol

Tell baby time to come out!

Time for eviction notice!!!
But I'm not ready yet!!
The nursery isn't done and there is still a bit of shopping to be done and washing of clothing and what not. We're supposed to dresser shop this weekend; so that will help. Don't have the glider yet either. Wish I did, that would be soothing to me now!

As uncomfortable as I am, I'm still hoping to hold out till my childbirth classes since our recent snowstorm rescheduled them on me.
But I don't feel anywhere near ready to go into labor. I mean I get braxton hicks here and there, but nothing consistent. Even pressure from her head isn't consistent. Although when it's there it feels like someone is trying to pop my legs out of their sockets.
If someone is looking for some cheap BC, they just need to read this thread huh?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

28 almost 29 weeks pregnant= no air!

It has started to get hard for me to breathe and its seriously driving me insane!

I dont think I can take 10 more weeks of this!
Here's a little tip (especially when sleeping): Get a body pillow
You can put it under your belly to prop up the baby and inbetween your knees to take pressure off your hips

You can breathe easier and will sleep better. Otherwise Chris will end up like Brandon and have your leg thrown over him all night long and then he won't be able to sleep

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been doing the body pillow thing since nearly the beginning and it's not helping me anymore.
It's actually starting to get in the way! This too shall pass...