I can't believe this.... I am in a state of shock

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Folks... do you remember Natalia? The girl with the drug problem?

She tried to commit suicide this morning. Sleeping pills.

Her mom found her.

She's in the hospital right now... they pumped her stomach I presume.

When I was told about it this evening I almost went nuts.... I can't believe it... I am in a state of shock. Natalia and I have even exchanged kisses in the past.

I can't help it think of the fact that it may have had to do with my telling her parents.

I had to call a friend of mine just to calm myself... I can't believe it. I was close to the brink of suicide when my depression was diagnosed.... I can't start to imagine her having gone through that same desperation and torture.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Victor, please don't blame yourself for your friend's attempted suicide. It's very likely this would have happened regardless of what you did or didn't do. Natalia is very obviously in need of some professional help and I hope she gets it.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally agree with Lorie. I remember you saying that Natalie told her mother how unhappy she was. That is from within Victor not from you, and the drugs will have intesified it. You have helped her to get the support she needs. Try and stay calm, it is not because you told her mother it is because of how bad she feels.
I am praying for her and sending good vibes.

bumpy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, not entirely true for all, attempted suicide is usually a call for help. The person have no other way of telling people she needs help and the attempted suicide is her only way to get attention and help. So it is important for you to support her right now.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Victor-
You did the right thing by speaking to her Mom. Think about it this way, since you spoke to her mom, she knew her daughter was in trouble and was most likely watching over her very carefully. This allowed her to catch Natalia in time to save her life. At least ow she will be getting the help that she needs. Don't blame yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you all.... thanks a million.

I have been trying to calm myself... Its a bit hard, and I had to take a good glass of wine just to calm my nerves... but I know what she went through... its like through all the scaredness of the situation I am "Honey, I have been there... I know what it is".

This is not the moment to contact her parents, but I will do so within two days... I need to know if I can visit her. Vicky is insisting that I do so... she knows that if there is a person who can support her without risking her is me, because I know that from the inside.

Odd... I am no longer nervous or clattery about this... I am cool and serene... planning, like "Ok folks, we've got one heck of a problem, lets make out the war plans".

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Victor, I'm sorry to hear this about Natalia. Although she probably doesn't think so right now, it's such good news to hear that she survived the suicide attempt.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Victor-
You did the right thing by speaking to her Mom. Think about it this way, since you spoke to her mom, she knew her daughter was in trouble and was most likely watching over her very carefully. This allowed her to catch Natalia in time to save her life. At least ow she will be getting the help that she needs. Don't blame yourself.
This is right on...thank God for you having spoken to her Mom, Victor. Your acceptance and caring support for her, as she works on her problems, is what she will need, and what I know you offer.

yoursleeka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Victor! Please, don't take it soo personally! We all see it is not your fault! Everything is going to be ok. You did the right thing when told her parents about her taking drugs! And I am sure they are really thankfull to you for that! And now they will do everything to help their daughter!
Be strong!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your speaking to the mother was obviously the right call. This girl was in more trouble than you and your friends even suspected. Another good reason for giving up on the "keep it a secret" line of thinking. At least Mom had a heads up on what was going on.

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats too bad. Why would you blame yourself for Natalia's actions.

Peace,
Brandon