I can't believe my sister

xman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's probably more than just the money. Your sister obviously wants to have power over your life. You are a shining example of how a person in adverse circumstances (divorce) can thrive and overcome (nurse's assistant). You are an example of everything she is not and she wants to have control over you so that she can feel she is better than you. Such family members are not worth their weight in cat $#!+ and should be regarded as such.

Be strong and confident. Be careful also, and watch your back. The attacks are likely to continue behind your back. I suggest you divert her by drawing attention to her shortcomings. Perhaps you're concerned about her impending drug relapse or have reason to believe that her employment status is in question because she's such a slacker and doesn't have much experience in the working world. It sounds mean to do this, but mean, hurtful and aggressive people (in my all too extensive experience) only understand attack and defense. Time to put her on the defensive for your own safety.

X

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she is jealous of you and only wants to be greedy and get access to your money. I would not trust her and stay as far away from her as possible. There is no way she could do any good for you.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't your sister have to take the matter to court & somehow prove that you are incompetent? From what you've said so far, it doesn't seem that she could, no matter if you're living at home or not. And it seems like you could turn a case like that around in your favor, if she's been to jail.
I don't know how close you are to them, but maybe you should think of moving away from them & concentrate more on the positives that you have the power to bring into your own life.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ShopCat

I don't know how close you are to them, but maybe you should think of moving away from them & concentrate more on the positives that you have the power to bring into your own life.
Exactly! When I said you should "consider moving ASAP," I hope you didn't take it to mean that she'd could actually do implement her threats if you were both living together. I don't think she'd have a snowball's chance ever, but I think it would be less stressful for you. I've lived in situations where I thought one of my family members was conspiring against me or knew they considered me incompetent, and it's no fun at all.

Tricia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my dad wants me here but I have already told him things have got to get better or I am going to find a place where I can take Tavia, Lilly, and Macy and move. The problem is Macy is a big dog so it might be a bit tough