I cannot find it!!! Help!!!

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am looking for a little girls size 5 long demin skirt,I have looked at walmart and kmart and 3 used clothing store and I can not find one,I would rather have a nice looking used one,kids grow so fast! She wants a long one and it has to be blue. I will buy one off someone who has one,plus shipping.Anyone ?? (e-bay dosn't have one I looked)
Thanks Sherral

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you know how to sew? WalMart has good prices on fabric and patterns. Skirts aren't that hard to make.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by katl8e
Do you know how to sew? WalMart has good prices on fabric and patterns. Skirts aren't that hard to make.
Sherral, if you don't find it and can't sew, e-mail me her waist and hip measurements, and a measure from her waist to however long you want it, and I'll make you one and send it to you. You can call it my Christmas (late)gift to you .

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She said she looked on Ebay and didn't find one.
I looked for myself, the choices were very limited in that size for long denim skirts.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy, that is very sweet of you to do that for her!!!

I am thinking things are very limited with skirts because of it being winter time. I tried looking for a short sleeve white blouse at Old Navy, American Eagle and a couple of other places and couldn't find one...needless to say....I am still kinda looking
I don't need it, I just want one to go with my wardrobe.

Hope you can get one soon!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah Cindy,you are so sweet!I could't get it last night,but I will get it later today,and I want to pay for it.
thanks Sherral ( I did't post this so someone would pay of it.)

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by sherral46
Ah Cindy,you are so sweet!I could't get it last night,but I will get it later today,and I want to pay for it.
thanks Sherral ( I did't post this so someone would pay of it.)
I didn't figure you did, it's just a habit of mine to not charge to help out my friends. 'Course that could be why I am not rich .....hmmm. Just get me the measurements and we'll discuss charges later.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sherral, I love to sew just about anything except adult clothes, and I really enjoy childrens clothes(fancy smocked dresses and such), and since I cannot have children of my own, it gives me an opportunity that I otherwise would not have.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to sew! Even to sew on a button! I haven't done any sewing since high school.when they made us girls,make a dress! You can make her ,her skirt with my blessing!I don't even own a sewing machine!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom taught me to sew as a young girl, and was forever bringing me in crafts and patterns for clothes to sew. I could outsew my Home Ec teacher by the time I finished 11th grade.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Cindy, I think that is such a wonderful thing to offer. Sherral, just for future reference - is there a VF Factory Outlet near you? Even if it's almost 2 hours away - it is really worthwhile, particularly if you're buying school clothes, etc., for several kids. Sometimes the selection isn't great, and other times you could buy the store out (e.g., last time I was at one, I bought 6 pairs of women's jeans for between $6 - $9 apiece. You rarely find any jeans priced over $18, and they have skirts, blouses, sweaters, underwear, nightgowns.....

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy,here it is 18 "waist 21 " hips 16"leg (inside) 20" leg (outside) I didn't know where to mesure leg

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by KittenKrazy
Elastic waist or snap/button? Pockets on back or plain? Short split in back for ease of movement or not? Nosey, aren't I ?!
No your not! She said pockets,elastic waist ,yes to the slit.I think that is really needed in case she want to run or something. And I do thank you so very much. You are such a angel.