I Broke My Rib!!!!!!!!! [Good Vibes Please!!]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!!

This is day two with no cigs and I am doing okay!

I have been on two of the meds a week, and tequin and tessalon since last friday. I dont expect them to work immediatley. But I am just being impatient! I am sick of being sick!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing! Quitting smoking, being sick AND having a broken rib! YIKES!

Just remember, even though you quit smoking, you'll still have a cough for awhile. Just your lungs thanking you for saving them! trust me I went through it recently. quit for good over a month ago and haven't looked back since.
I hope you feel better soon. If your pain pills aren't working, tell your doctor, maybe they can give you something stronger.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel better Meaghan
...oh, and good luck with the quitting smoking. I KNOW you can do it!!!!

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The is another good side effect of q1uitting smoking Megan and that is with all the money you will save by not buying smokes you could buy a new car or go to Mexico or do something really neat... I figured out that the way I used to smoke I am savinf about 3500 bucks a year now or even a little more. I use to go through about 8 cartons a month and with the price here at 35 bucks a carton thats like like 300 a month almost.

Oh see if your doc will give u some oxycodone pills.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats a great way to think Howard! One step closer to my new car
... Hmm, lets see, I used to go through a carton every 7-10 days. That should be a pretty good savings!

The lortab works okay, as long as I make sure and take them every 4 hours on the dot. The E.R. only gave me 16, I have to get refills through my regular doc. (that is the er's way of keeping people from coming in there just for pills). I am on the 7.5mg right now, I will see if she will up it to the 10mg when she refills it. I think I slept on it wrong last night... it has been giving me hell today!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sure hope that you heal quickly, I can't think of a more painful bone to break!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I sure hope that you heal quickly, I can't think of a more painful bone to break!
I wouldnt know, this is the first bone I have ever actually broke!!

Its really sad I dont have an exciting story to go with how I broke it... like I was shot out of a cannon or something...

"oh, i was coughing", how boring, and not cool!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

Thats a great way to think Howard! One step closer to my new car
... Hmm, lets see, I used to go through a carton every 7-10 days. That should be a pretty good savings!
unless you put it somewhere, like in a savings account or something, you'll never see it. i was like you, as far as the amount, & you just don't really notice an extra $35 a week... or even an extra $140 a month. i can see why Howard notices a difference, tho!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.... today would have been my 3rd day with no cigs. But I lost it. They were on the kitchen table and I could hear them screaming to me "smoke me" "smoke me". So, I did. I was just trying to be nice
Now I feel horrible.

I think I am seriously gunna to have to be physically restrained.
Like to my bed.

Originally Posted by laureen227

unless you put it somewhere, like in a savings account or something, you'll never see it. i was like you, as far as the amount, & you just don't really notice an extra $35 a week... or even an extra $140 a month. i can see why Howard notices a difference, tho!
i really dont think i would ever see it either, but just knowing that i wasnt wasting money on cigarretts anymore would be a good feeling.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well.... today would have been my 3rd day with no cigs. But I lost it. They were on the kitchen table and I could hear them screaming to me "smoke me" "smoke me". So, I did. I was just trying to be nice
Now I feel horrible.
Very, Very Good Meagan!

You deserves motivation!!!!!!!!!

Okay? In FIVE...FOUR...THREE....TWO..... ONE!:

Enter the music of.... "Mickey"

(Oh Mickey, you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey)

(Oh Mickey, you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey)

(Oh Mickey, you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey)
Hey Mickey!You've been around all night and that's a little long
You think you've got the right but I think you've got it wrong
Why can't you say goodnight so you can take me home, Mickey
'Cause when you say you will, it always means you won't
You're givin' me the chills, baby, please baby don't
Every night you still leave me all alone, Mickey
Oh Mickey, what a pity you don't understand
You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
Oh Mickey, you're so pretty, can't you understand
It's guys like you Mickey
Oh, what you do Mickey, do Mickey
Don't break my heart, Mickey
Hey Mickey!

Give Me A
M
Give Me An
E
Give Me A
A
Give Me A
G
Give Me An
A
Give Me A
N

WHAT'S THAT SPELL

MEAGAN

WHO´S GONNA WIN?????
MEAGAN!!!

GO MEAGAN GO!!!!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Now I feel horrible.
I think I am seriously gunna to have to be physically restrained.
Like to my bed.
you can't have them in the house if you're trying to quit!
i didn't realize you still had any around. no, no
you must eliminate all ciggies from the house/car/wherever before trying to quit
otherwise, they'll call to you! if there's not any around, it's much harder to hear them calling from the store!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

you can't have them in the house if you're trying to quit!
i didn't realize you still had any around. no, no
you must eliminate all ciggies from the house/car/wherever before trying to quit
otherwise, they'll call to you! if there's not any around, it's much harder to hear them calling from the store!
What makes this even harder is everyone in the house smokes... my best friends smoke... and there is a half a carton sitting in my room that I just CANT bear to throw away. They are sooo expensive.

Thanks Rigel for the motivation and the song!

I think I am going to end up in a padded room before this is all over with...