Meeko has a flare up right now.
She has lysine.
She is the one that likes the dogs.
I think I will ask the vet.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something I just remembered that happened a long time ago. I had a persian cat who was used to our dog. She passed & we got a bigger, younger dog. Smokee wasn't fussed by the new dog & started going across the road to an old lady's house. She befriended him & most days I used to go across & bring him home. One day he decided to come home on his own & was killed by a car that didn't stop.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend never wanted a dog, I very sneakily put it in his head we needed one lol. What I did was start volunteering at the SPCA. My boyfriend progressively started working more overtime due to a promotion. I mentioned how scared I was at home alone (this is not a lie, I am a 30 year old chicken) how we need more security, more alarms, locks etc… **cough** a dog **cough**

We volunteered for about 3 months before Bruno picked my boyfriend. It was actually amazing now that I think about it. It was almost like you could actually hear a “click” when they looked at each other. So, with me talking about needing a dog for months, then getting my boyfriend to walk and play with the dogs for a few months we ended up with Bruno.

I think the fact that we volunteered helped him with his decision. He was able to meet each dog and learn about different behaviors. He knew what he wanted, and what he didn’t. It was much different then seeing a cute puppy and picking them out of a litter after 15min of playing, or seeing pictures on the Internet. Which is great if you love animals and know you will love no matter what type of personality you will get. I think this way made my boyfriend more comfortable with the decision. We volunteered at least 3 days a week, so we had a lot of exposure to the dogs.

In the end it was my boyfriend who said he wanted Bruno. This from a guy who said we will never get an animal, and if we ever did it would be in 10 years lol.

Good luck!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my sphynx had never been around dogs before coming to live with 3. she loved them from day one
did you say your husband doesn't like cats?
how do you have 5 then?

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes there are dogs at the shelter who are well trained and who are there through no fault of their own and who are not considered adoptable. These are the "senior" dog age 7+ who sometimes get dumped because the owner passed away, the couple who owned them split up, somebody had to move etc.

Chances are good you can get a well behaved dog who is good with kitties.

PS tell hubby dogs are good for your health - it's true!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe an older dog would be good? Of course Graf was just a puppy when we got him (years and years ago) but it took him awhile to get Paul (our cat at the time( to get used to him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first dated I told him I will always have cats.
When I got Cleo I gave him a choice of getting a cat or dog and he said gte a cat.
Cleo lived with 3 dogs since she was born.
I wonder why she hisses at dogs.
She got along great with the breeders dogs.
I bet she would be fine with dogs once she gets to know them.
My other cats are.
Meeko hgs them and purrs and she has not been around a dog in 6.5 years.

lilangelkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
chiquita doesnt pee in the house and she is really good as long as you walk her. And she doesnt chew on anything except stuffed animals if u give it to her. but yea maybe get puppy pads or somethings but since u always home most of the time you can watch to see if it is about to go. chiquita didnt like the pads at first.