I am totally wiggin' out here!

unicorn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aaahhhrrrggg!

Day one of not smoking is making me CRAZY!!!
Please send some positive waves my way, in hopes that I don't either freak out or head to the tobacco store.
I reckon I'll kick the nasty filthy habit, but at this point I really can't decide if I truly want to.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about a nicotrol inhaler if you have an oral fixation?

Iwish you all the best and good on you for making the move to quit smoking! And stay away from stressful situations if you can!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I quit I was advised to drink lots of grapefruit juice, it helps flush toxins and has little sugar. It really helped.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

unicorn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nah, the nicotine substitutes just make it worse, at least for me. I wish I was one of those people that did well from them. For me, cold turkey seems the way to go. Plus, it's a cheaper method and right now that matters, 'cause I'm po'

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sending good vibes your way. You can do it! I heard it is tough for the first few days but after that it's smooth sailing. Keep yourself occupied with fun things to do as much as possible (so you aren't bored) and avoid alcohol. Hang in there--victory will be yours. What are you going to do with the extra money you save?

unicorn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha, at this point, probably just add it to the bill pay fund.
It'd probably be a bit easier if everyone I am around didn't smoke themselves. But, whataya do?

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's easier if people don't smoke around you, cuz when you see or smell one, you'll want one.

What about weaning yourself down, versus cold turkey? DID you do cold turkey? My friend is trying to wean himself down & he's been very successful. Went from 1 to 2 packs per day, down to about 6 ciggies per day. All because I nagged him to death about it.

When I quit, I weaned myself down a bit and then switched to another brand. This was back when the patch & the gum were just starting to gain popularity; and also, started hanging with non-smokers.

It worked! I only smoke cigars now, and I do not inhale.

unicorn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mmm.....cigar
No, I'm just kidding.
I tried the weaning method and it worked for a bit, then I caught myself sneaking "just one extra smoke" here and there and before I knew it I was back up to a pack a day again. I guess it's a case of all or nothing. Just call me a filthy addict.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by unicorn

mmm.....cigar
No, I'm just kidding.
I tried the weaning method and it worked for a bit, then I caught myself sneaking "just one extra smoke" here and there and before I knew it I was back up to a pack a day again. I guess it's a case of all or nothing. Just call me a filthy addict.
Don't call yourself names. The minute you find yourself saying something negative snap yourself out of it. It will make it impossible to quit. Same thing if you fall off the wagon, don't blame just get back on.

unicorn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, you're right, Marge.
I was just funnin'

I have a rather bad habit of making jokes that are not always appropriate to the situation.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can do it!!!!
Just think of what you can buy with all the money you are saving! Make sure you set that money aside and reward yourself!

unicorn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think it's do-able...I have faith in that, even if it is maddening at the moment. I'll get there. Maybe I'll look for a wonderful new hair accessory or a neat new plant for my garden as my reward. Have to think about that one.

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i gave up smoking 8 years ago and It was the hardest think I have ever done . I just kept telling myself that what ever the problem or reason that I light up was it would still be thier even if I had a ciggie. Drink lots of water, go for a walk and be kind to yourself as it is hard.all all the best and good luck.