I am so mad right now!!! My boss FIRED me!!!

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ugh hon, i have complete sympathy for you!

I was working at a salon, just sales floor, not a stylist. I was waiting for my BF to get home from work to take me to my job. There was a TERRIBLE snowstorm going on. I called my boss and told her, im coming but i will be late. She said thats fine and my boyfriend and i started up. So we are halfway there (on a drive that normally takes 20 minutes) it had been about an hour. Im on a highway moving 5 MPH and i call her, tell her im still coming but we are stuck on the highway. She tells me, Dont bother coming in again.

WHAT????

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 16 years ago, I worked for a local fast food place here in Portland. My 2 year old nephew needed surgery and I asked for the day off. My boss said "Why? Your being there won't make a difference to him" Strange how I can still remember his exact words. My nephew died the next day. I will never regret putting my foot down and taking the day off.

Same boss also grumbled when I took the next two days off for family and funeral. Will be sad when kharma catches up to him.

You did the right thing. There is an awesome job out there for you!!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

About 16 years ago, I worked for a local fast food place here in Portland. My 2 year old nephew needed surgery and I asked for the day off. My boss said "Why? Your being there won't make a difference to him" Strange how I can still remember his exact words. My nephew died the next day. I will never regret putting my foot down and taking the day off.

Same boss also grumbled when I took the next two days off for family and funeral. Will be sad when kharma catches up to him.

You did the right thing. There is an awesome job out there for you!!
What??? I can't believe anyone would be so cruel and stupid to say something like that to someone?

to all for job hunting

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow!! you guys' awful bosses make me really appreciate both my jobs! I've been at one for almost 9 years and the other for over 10 and I have never had problems like you guys have! I love my bosses, I love my bosses

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

About 16 years ago, I worked for a local fast food place here in Portland. My 2 year old nephew needed surgery and I asked for the day off. My boss said "Why? Your being there won't make a difference to him"
what an insensitive idiot! i'd've told him i wasn't going for my nephew, but rather for my brother/sister - his parent & my sibling!

Originally Posted by Cat Mommy

What??? I can't believe anyone would be so cruel and stupid to say something like that to someone?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormchickx

I'd almost want to look into filing a complaint against her for wrongful termination.
I agree.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job, but if your boss is that big of a jerk, you're better off getting another job, IMO. The woman sounds like the type of person who wants her employees to do all the work, while she makes all the money and jet-sets all over the world.

I hope you find a new (and much better) job soon!

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

Also, how do you file a complaint about wrongful termination?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The state should have some sort of unemployment division-perhpas they could advise you??