I am so going to fight this...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, I have to say that having a clothesline in a backyard and having clothes strewn across balconies of an apartment building really do seem like two different things IMO. If the apartment dweller had an umbrella type clothesline and the clothing wasn't just hanging over the sides of the balcony I wouldn't have a problem with that.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

The lady who used to live across the hall used to dry her clothes on her balcony. Then one day the elderly man who lived next door knocked at her door and handed her a pile of her clothes that had blown off. Including several pairs of undies. She never used the balcony again!
That's great!

Regarding the OP, good luck with all this! From the sounds of it, your landlord is being a bit ridiculous.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LookingGlass check this website out and see if they could be of any help to you:
http://laundrylist.org/index2.htm

If there is not a clause in your lease that forbids this then by all means fight it.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live in a row house with a patch of grass. I can put up a clothesline but am supposed to take it down each time this is cuz mgmt. is afraid someone will walk into it. Nonsense, I'm in an enclosed court. Theres no place to walk to. Its all aesthics.I just leave it up. Let them write me up if they want to. Stupic rules. Keep on fighting.