I am so creeped out!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Why wouldn't you go to law enforcement?
In a round about way the military is their own law enforcement, going to the commanding officer or M.P's when dealing with someone living on a military base is the way to go, otherwise it would have been calling the off base cops to then have them tell you to call the on base police.

I still would have handled it the same way but thats just me. Its her own fault one for advertising on a public site and 2 she should have had more common sense that to be doing something like that..especially on base because not only does the health dept get involved but the military also gets involved.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

I still would have handled it the same way but thats just me.
And because of it she's receiving threats and possibly putting her life at stake?. Pffftt no thanks i value my life too much.

I still say an e-mail, better still an annonymous letter to the proper authority would have been a better of handling it.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I may have read this wrong but I got the impression that you were more upset about her cutting into your own business and were trying to warn her off. Even if that is the situation, it should be handled by the authorities like the health department rather than you taking on that responsibility.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I may have read this wrong but I got the impression that you were more upset about her cutting into your own business and were trying to warn her off. Even if that is the situation, it should be handled by the authorities like the health department rather than you taking on that responsibility.
I don't think you got it wrong, that's what I read too. And I also read that she threatened them with a visit from the health department. Now it may not be what she intended to convey, but that is what she conveyed none-the-less. And the onus of understanding is on the writer to make sure that the reader is actually getting the message, not on the reader to interpret and try and figure out what the writer intended.

This whole situation has me discombobulated: From the initial email attacking the people in the ad, right down to a breach in the privacy laws of the soldier overseas.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

And because of it she's receiving threats and possibly putting her life at stake?. Pffftt no thanks i value my life too much.

I still say an e-mail, better still an annonymous letter to the proper authority would have been a better of handling it.
I'm going to treat this as a lesson that I can learn from albeit through someone else's error.