I am snowed in

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, and I live in the SF Bay Area. I now live in horse country (separated), on top of a really big hill. The snow level is down to the 500 foot level. It is also cold and going to get colder.

Butzie is looking out the window and wondering what the heck is going on.

You know those happy cow commercials with the cow from MN who wants to move to CA where there is no snow? Well, here in this last vestige of country in the Bay Area, there are some really unhappy CA cows.

Oh, yeah. The llamas and the ostriches are not too happy either. They are on different farms. The goat and the horses here where I live are in the barn.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww and here i was so excited about the couple of inches of snow i got saturday. I would LOVE to be snowed in...for a little while...as long as i had food, hot coco and HEAT!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Minnesota will be getting snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. Not sure if I'll be able to get to work on Wednesday - depends on where that storm line is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, but this is CA not MN. And really, I may live on a farm but I am in the Bay Area.

Ya know, I was back in the Catskill Mountains in upstate NY taking care of Mom from the end of Sept. until after her 89th birthday on 11/8. It snowed in NY in like the second week of Oct. I think it set a record for the earliest recorded snowfall.

Where is this global warming taking place and why am I attracting snow?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 30 miles north of Buffalo, New York. I am sure you have heard of all the snow we get. Well, nothing. The other day we had an inch and it has all disappeared. Its cold, but it hasn't really snowed yet.

Oh great, now I've done it. We'll probably get a foot by the end of the week!

PS: There are 13 English Daiseys in bloom on my front lawn!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love snow but whenever it snows here it never lasts long, either freezes and makes it really dangerous or turns to yucky mush. Hope you're notsnowed in for too long. x

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are welcome to it. We got some last night but it has all melted!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

I am 30 miles north of Buffalo, New York. I am sure you have heard of all the snow we get. Well, nothing. The other day we had an inch and it has all disappeared. Its cold, but it hasn't really snowed yet.

Oh great, now I've done it. We'll probably get a foot by the end of the week!

PS: There are 13 English Daiseys in bloom on my front lawn!
Well, you must be getting the global warming!

There is one other time when we first moved here about 25 years ago when we had a really hard freeze. How cold was it? I was so cold that the sugar water in my hummingbird feeder froze! I wanted to call my Aunt Lotty (in the Catskills) and ask how she kept her hummingbird water from freezing but then I remembered that there are no hummingbirds in the Catskills in January like there are here.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It snowed here also but not at my house.
There was snow a few blocks away and on the west and north side of the city.
It is only 36 right now.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Feel free to send all that snow my way!
Sure. My car still has snow on it and it is 11:15 am. I'll see about sending it in one of the USPS one price ships anywhere boxes, but I'll need another address other than your lovely evergreen tree gifts.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was in Folsom (Sacramento) over the weekend and it was freeeeezing. They woke up to snow this morning too!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That storm is coming here tonight or tomorrow. We had some snow from another storm yesterday, the big ones coming. I hate our house at this time of year, it's so cold in here!!!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending stay safe, warm & dry prayers & vibes out to all the homeless kitties & people during this storm
We're just starting to get it, but it is the norm for around here. And not even as cold & snowy as it was when I was growing up - our forests are suffering from pine beetle invasion.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It snowed a couple of inches here and is still on the ground... but we're far from being snowed in.

everyone is safe and will weather this OK!

How many inches fell? And is it supposed to warm up enough to melt soon??????

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

It snowed a couple of inches here and is still on the ground... but we're far from being snowed in.

everyone is safe and will weather this OK!

How many inches fell? And is it supposed to warm up enough to melt soon??????
It was at least three inches. The "ferals" who BTW let you pick them up and pet them, have a way to get into the garage so they are warm.

It is not going to get any warmer. 25 F is the forecast for tonight. We might set record lows. OH joy!

Butzie, you are keeping Momma warm tonight, right?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sacramento had their first snow in 30 years. Houston had their earliest snow ever on record. Most of the US just had the coolest and wettest summer on record.

These are the sort of facts that were being discussed in the "climate gate" e-mails.

We had snow last Monday. Not the earliest for us; we had snow about 3 years ago way early.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Sacramento had their first snow in 30 years. Houston had their earliest snow ever on record. Most of the US just had the coolest and wettest summer on record.

These are the sort of facts that were being discussed in the "climate gate" e-mails.

We had snow last Monday. Not the earliest for us; we had snow about 3 years ago way early.
Yeah, but there were so many days of over 100 in the Bay Area.

I think that we have just been spoiled by a century or 2 of nice weather and we don't realize that there was lots of bad weather before.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever endured was a summer in SF.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No snow here. but it's terribly cold. 25f now with a wind chill of 14f, was 9f earlier. Supposed to get even colder tonight. We have an east wind blowing which is keeping the moisture out over the ocean. The humidity is only 24%, which is why my hair is sticking out all over my head!
We have the heater going in the RV, I put extra shirts in the outside kitties box. They are all snuggled up together. They also can get in under the house and get near heating ducts, thank goodness. Giving them extra food too. They are fat little piggies!