I am sad...

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear that hon,, life throws some vicious curve balls sometimes.
--stevie

l.trant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss. I have been through a similiar situation with friends and family members, my heart goes out to you during this rough time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. I can only try to imagine how shocked you must be. I hope you and all that are effected will find peace soon. You are in my thoughts.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your friend Rick.
My condolences to his friends and family. So young to leave this world!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry, Kellye, for the tragic loss of your friend, Rick. This must be so incredibly painful for you. I pray that you will find peace in your heart as you struggle through this time of grief. You know we're right here for you anytime.

jedumihamama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What an awful shame, Kellye, about Rick! I can't imagine how hard it must be to try & make some sense out of all of this. Hopefully, once the situation is investigated, there'll be answers to the ?'s you & his family are facing. Let us know how this all turns out. We'll be thinking of you, & Rick's family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woke up early this morning, I cant stop thinking about him. I had a dream about him last night. I keep remembering his facial expressions. Today seems to be harder than yesterday.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Kellye i know how you feel because a friend who i'd gone to school with committed suicide 2 years ago and i was supposed to be seeing her for a few drinks the week after she did it and i kept going over the conversation we had when arranging to see each other

It'll take a while to sink in whats happend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a picture of Rick....

He was a good looking guy that was popular with the ladies.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Kellye that's got to be really rough
I know what it's like to lose a friend, but I couldn't never imagine not knowing why. I'm absolutely heartbroken for you, but you know what? In a way I'm glad that you never had to see him suffer in any way... because it was so sudden, although losing him is tough, you'll always remember him being happy. How he laughed and smiled... not as someone in pain or misery. I hope you'll always remember the good times. God bless you - I'm sure Rick is watching over you, may his soul rest in peace.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Kellye, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Sudden, unexpected deaths do happen, and there aren't always answers as to why. My older brother died in his sleep quite unexpectedly in 1991 - he was 37. The police investigated it as a homicide, then a suicide, then an accident, and then natural death. After months and months, a tentative conclusion was reached - several pathologists concluded that he died of acute respiratory distress (in his case, an asthma attack) triggered by his new neighbors' 3 Persian cats. That conclusion is not 100%, so we still wonder why. The one solace I find is that he didn't suffer for weeks or months. Just a few years ago, a friend dropped dead in her kitchen while putting her groceries away - the prognosis was heart failure, but how many 50-year-old women experience heart failure while "exerting themselves" while stashing groceries in the fridge? I really hope that an answer is found in your friend's case, but all too often the only answer is "fate". When your time comes, that's it.