I Am Really Discouraged

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took the foster kittens into the pet fair today. Not one person was interested in adopting them.
I stayed until it got too hot and the kits started panting, then brought them back home. I didn't want them getting sick from heat stroke - otherwise I would have stayed longer. I'm really bummed out & discouraged: I was hoping I'd be able to find homes for them.

I did receive one bit of (hopefully) good news, however.
The lady who was in charge of the pet fair let me know of a new online organization where you can post abandoned pets' info, in the hopes of someone adopting them. So I'm gonna give that a try. Hopefully, something will come of that.
I really can't keep them much longer, and I'm at a loss as to what I'm gonna do with them.

Please check out new rescue website at http://www.dogdeeds.org

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry!
I'm actually surprised because they are so adorable..Maybe it is harder now to get them adopted because of the economy? I don't know, sometimes the timing is just not right..
How old are they now?
I wonder if you could put up an ad. I dislike suggesting craigslist but it's certainly possible to screen potential adopters through there if you put up certain conditions..especially since this is really beginning to put a strain on you maybe it is worth a try? You could require interview and home checks first or something.. Sorry, I'm not much help.
Keep your head up, it will work out somehow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tink80

I'm sorry!
I'm actually surprised because they are so adorable..Maybe it is harder now to get them adopted because of the economy? I don't know, sometimes the timing is just not right..
How old are they now?
I wonder if you could put up an ad. I dislike suggesting craigslist but it's certainly possible to screen potential adopters through there if you put up certain conditions..especially since this is really beginning to put a strain on you maybe it is worth a try? You could require interview and home checks first or something.. Sorry, I'm not much help.
Keep your head up, it will work out somehow.
I figure they are about 10 weeks old now. I got them when they were about 3 weeks old, and I've had them since April 11th.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I would never consider Craigslist. I've heard too many "horror" stories about that website - too many scams going on. I see stories about it almost every day when I watch the judge shows on TV (like Judge Joe Brown), and there always seems to be something on the news or online about them. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Have you already conducted an e-mail campaign to local shelters/foster networks?
I'm not sure what you mean about an e-mail campaign, Laurie.

BTW, thanks again so much for e-mailing me those adoption forms/contracts.
Maybe I'll still get to use them!

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I figure they are about 10 weeks old now. I got them when they were about 3 weeks old, and I've had them since April 11th.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I would never consider Craigslist. I've heard too many "horror" stories about that website - too many scams going on. I see stories about it almost every day when I watch the judge shows on TV (like Judge Joe Brown), and there always seems to be something on the news or online about them. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Yeah, I understand. Some bad people out there.
I know you did flyers..did you put them up at pet stores too?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tink80

Yeah, I understand. Some bad people out there.
I know you did flyers..did you put them up at pet stores too?
No, I didn't. There aren't any pet stores around here.
But I did post the flyers at Wal-Mart, and a few other stores - plus my vets' offices.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm shocked no one was interested in the kittens. They are so cute, I can't believe no one was interested
I hope you are able to find them good homes soon

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia and I are sending lots of vibes for the adorable kittens to be adopted to good homes soon!
You are an angel for caring for them!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm not sure what you mean about an e-mail campaign, Laurie.

BTW, thanks again so much for e-mailing me those adoption forms/contracts.
Maybe I'll still get to use them!
Tiff, I am so bummed also to hear that no one was looking at the kittens. I just don't get that, they are so beautiful and I was thinking of you all today at that pet fair and hoping they would get adopted....... I think what Laurie means, and I can't be 100% sure, but a Mass Email (type up one email with info. on your kittens) and forward it to all of your local shelters/rescues. This would be a great idea and possibly, at the very least, you will get a call or response from one or two of them.
Sending lots of prayers to you and those kittens to get homes. You are doing such a fantastic job and those kittens couldn't be in better hands at the moment.......

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really is discouraging that the pet fair didn't work out. Did any pets get adopted?

What I would do is physically take the kittens to every no kill shelter within 100 miles and find a place that will take them. I would verify their policies and check them out before leaving the kittens there.

Hope something works out soon! You've done a wonderful thing by taking care of these babies.

You could also try posting fliers, with pictures of these adorable little ones, in alot more stores and other public places - lots and lots.

Robin