I am Quitting My Job Today~~!!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you will be such an asset for them, and I can see you being a superb manager...I am so pleased for you

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

but I have such strong faith I can only pray it will be ok.
I am not relgious at all, but I do believe everything happens for a reason!!
When I quit my job at the beginning of last year, I had no idea what I was going to do - it was a good job in an architectural firm but they treated me badly and no room for promotions there so one day I just quit - onto "greener pastures" I kept saying, not that I knew where those pastures were!! - I thought chris was going to kill me....
18 months later though it was the best thing I could of done, I now run a successful business and also work part time for a local architect who has become like a mentor to me and the most important thing - I am happy !!

WTG Eddie and CONGRATULATIONS on the new job - I am so proud of you & happy for you!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

oh and BTW, that job offer did come through, my first choice (so grateful to even have a choice) and I start with Manpower June 28. I will be the Direct Hire recruiter for all Washington State to start their new division up here. I am very excited and this is a fabulous global company.!!!
That's AWESOME!! E, Congratulations!!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good for you!!!
I bet you are soooo excited. Are you going to have to cover a wide area?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

oh and BTW, that job offer did come through, my first choice (so grateful to even have a choice) and I start with Manpower June 28. I will be the Direct Hire recruiter for all Washington State to start their new division up here. I am very excited and this is a fabulous global company.!!!
OH E! Just saw this..........SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congrats E! I knew it!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATS and WAY TO GO E!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you made the right decision and it was very smart of you to give 3 weeks notice....great point about not wanting to burn bridges! I'm sure you can get some great recommendations from your boss after 4 years of hard work.
I wish you best of luck and total fulfillment with your future career endeavors

(Sorry I'm posting on this thread so late...been a busy week here)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Excellent E!!!!!!

Manpower is that a job centre?, if it is thats what their called over here as well!.
Hey Susan, yes, that's the same company! 2300 offices globally, from South Africa to New Zealand. After 1 year with the firm I can apply to work anywhere I wish, as long as I'm a top producer and a certain area would want me.

And Chris, yes, for now just Washington state, nothing fancy. But that's a huge area up here. It will take time to build up clients and put MP on the map.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Yayyyyy Eddie! I'm happy for you! Is the commute less of a drive?
40 minutes as oppoes to 1.5 hrs each way, so I'm pretty happy. I really needed to make a quality of life change!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oooo New Zealand!!!! Mmm...Should make it a working holiday as we call them in NZ - come to NZ for a year and work and travel at the same time!