I am posting through clenched teeth!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I just can't figure out those people! Is it just ignorance or what? It's a good thing you found them early too. Cats that are locked up in cars can get a heat stroke very quickly!

Where I now live, there are almost no cats. It's not a very populated area and almpost everyone has dogs rather than cats. There is one more female a couple of houses down the road, but she's spayed and there's another semi-feral cat that we had neutered. It's the first kitten season in a while that I don't find abandoned kittens.

Dogs are another story... People don't spay their dogs so unwanted puppies are a problem. Last week, while I was a way from the site and in bed, someone dumped a mamma dog and 5 puppies in our street! They ended up in our backyard (people said they must have been told where to go
) They were almost stray dogs - wouldn't let people near them and they were loud little pups (about 2 months old). Well, we gave them food and water for 3 days, trying to tame them a little bit, but as I had to stay in bed and hubby was working long hours we simply couldn't do it.

We ended up calling the local dog catcher that took them away to the pound
There was nothing else to do and he assured me that they don't kill them. They wait for 10 days to see if anyone is looking for them and then they give them to a local animal shelter. He was a real animal lover and said that he's dying to put his hands on someone while they're dumping animals so that he can persecute them!