I am officially old!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are cracking me up!  Yea, I'll be 46 in August, & have an 19 & 21 year old niece & nephew, so my sister, (3 yrs. younger) is more up on that lingo too. She used something, I don't remember now in a text to me & I had to ask her what it meant.  ...And yea, I'm lucky if my 19 yr. old niece ever text me back.  

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got laughed at the other day because I have a flip phone, not a smart phone.  (I am a Star Trek fan--the original series--and that is my nod to it.)  All my husband and I want to do is communicate with each other in case of an emergency on the road, or something like that.  We don't do the texting thing--in fact I had it disabled on my phone during set-up.

We do have an android tablet each, that we have been using and enjoying it, but that is about it for us except for our computers and laptops.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 18 year old nephew doesn't text back either.  Well; it's been 2 years since I've tried.  And the text was asking where he wanted a gift card to for his birthday!  I guess I'm not close enough to give him rides or food so I'm low on the totem pole. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 18 year old nephew doesn't text back either.  Well; it's been 2 years since I've tried.  And the text was asking where he wanted a gift card to for his birthday!  I guess I'm not close enough to give him rides or food so I'm low on the totem pole. :lol3:
Try him in a year. Those college boys are always hungry and surprisingly thrifty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm just in shock he texted you back.  My own kids ignore my texts until I ask it they are still alive. 
Oh he is a very polite young man. So caring, loving and always putting others first!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite text this year was "Ah Yeah" w/ a picture of an x-ray of his hand and broken pinky finger.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of text lol...

Tuesday night, he texted me

HIM: I'm on a date right now!
ME: Awesome!!
HIM: Yeah. She's the greatest
ME: I want details later, but you should probably not text while on a date...
HIM: Yeah...

Ten minutes later

HIM: I'm still on my date, it's movie previews
ME: You should talk to her, not text on a date
HIM: Yeah....

Finally, silence. And the next day Wed I get full details of the girl and how the date went! :D

Why was the kid texting me on his date??? LOL

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's so sweet! He wanted to share his exciting news with someone he knew would be as excited! 

I'm guilty of that sometimes 
 I get so excited about something happening I turn on my Internet Data and let my personal friends know the happy news!

It's great that he thought of you to share it with. He must really trust / like you 

PS: Or maybe he wanted advice on something... 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if he wanted advice, but the report i got the next day- was it went good, and the girl told him "She had a good time". But there aren't plans for a second date yet..

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you know if he is going to call her? 
He says no, because he asked her last time. Now he wants her to ask him, so he knows she really wants to hang out-- and not just saying yes to be nice. Aww teenage love :D so naive and silly hehe

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

He says no, because he asked her last time. Now he wants her to ask him, so he knows she really wants to hang out-- and not just saying yes to be nice. Aww teenage love :D so naive and silly hehe
Ugh... I'm glad I don't have to understand these rules anymore!  Kids these days! 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ugh... I'm glad I don't have to understand these rules anymore!  Kids these days! 
Kid got ANOTHER speeding ticket on Sunday..... this makes 2 in a month. Shaking head... shaking head.

He also called me yesterday and said his 'lunch date' with Hannah went well (diff Hannah by the way...) he knows 5 Hannah's. LOL

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I've noticed kids these days make things harder than they really are meant to be! 

Kid got ANOTHER speeding ticket on Sunday..... this makes 2 in a month. Shaking head... shaking head.

He also called me yesterday and said his 'lunch date' with Hannah went well (diff Hannah by the way...) he knows 5 Hannah's. LOL
Daarn.... another ticket? 

Whaaaat? Wait... another date with another Hannah or another "date" with the same Hannah? 

Well either, way, glad he's having harmless fun

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Whaaaat? Wait... another date with another Hannah or another "date" with the same Hannah? 

Well either, way, glad he's having harmless fun

So here's the scoop...

The date he texted me on, her name was Hannah. So yesterday, apparently he asked another Hannah out for lunch. He called me yesterday after he went by the police station to find out about his ticket, Here's the conversation LOL

HIM: My lunch date with Hannah went well

ME: So she contacted you?

HIM: No, this is a different Hannah.

ME: *laughing* how many Hannah's do you know?

HIM: Let's see. Five

ME: And are you going to cycle through dates with all of them?

HIM: Well  no, one is married and another lives in Canada.

So we both laugh...... and he gets concerned about his ticket (he has yet to tell his mom). So I come up with an idea.

Pay the ticket, and then tell her. But also commit to pay any difference in insurance......   He's an adult, he needs to deal with this as an adult would.

Kids . love em lol

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

So we both laugh...... and he gets concerned about his ticket (he has yet to tell his mom). So I come up with an idea.

Pay the ticket, and then tell her. But also commit to pay any difference in insurance......   He's an adult, he needs to deal with this as an adult would.

Kids . love em lol
I sure hope my DD finds someone who will be there for her when she goes to college in Tennessee. I would feel better if there was someone there who would watch after her. Right now there is no one and she will be a stranger in a large city.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope my DD finds someone who will be there for her when she goes to college in Tennessee. I would feel better if there was someone there who would watch after her. Right now there is no one and she will be a stranger in a large city.
This young man is from our church. But we usually the local college ministry has an "adopt a college kid" program. Maybe she can find a church in the area that does that... Luke has been such a blessing!! We may have another one this year, foreign college student. Excited!

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This young man is from our church. But we usually the local college ministry has an "adopt a college kid" program.
That's a great program -- very nice of your church. I wish I had foster parents when I moved 15,000 miles away to be in college, that would have been super helpful.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

So here's the scoop...

The date he texted me on, her name was Hannah. So yesterday, apparently he asked another Hannah out for lunch. He called me yesterday after he went by the police station to find out about his ticket, Here's the conversation LOL

HIM: My lunch date with Hannah went well

ME: So she contacted you?

HIM: No, this is a different Hannah.

ME: *laughing* how many Hannah's do you know?

HIM: Let's see. Five

ME: And are you going to cycle through dates with all of them?

HIM: Well  no, one is married and another lives in Canada.

Kids . love em lol
Haha, so he basically said he would  cycle them if they were married / far  
 Though I've known people that the distance not let that stop them from dating anyways 

I have always been amazed at how people just move cross country to go to school in the U.S. Although I'm sure it may be difficult, it's still considered "normal". Where I'm from (Tijuana) we don't have that, I still live with my parents because they were lucky and hardworking enough to get themselves a big plot of land and they don't mind at all as long as I pitch in and they don't seem to be in any rush for me to get out. I finished college a couple of years ago and have a full time job and take care of my food, clothes, living costs like outings and transportation (no rent though) and I'm also in charge of the pet's health (food, vet bills, collars, dishes, leashes, etc).

I'm always amazed at how different places can be, well, so different! I'm sure she'll do great once she's there and make a lot of friends once she's there. Plus.. you guys will always have phones to keep in contact! 

Sending good vibes your way