I am losing my mind HELP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rirunyan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

Maybe you will have to isolate them from the kitchen and dining room. Can you close off a door so they won't get in that room?
Just a suggestion. Good luck with them. I can't imagine having three kittens. Too much energy.
Thanks for the suggestion. I cant isolate the dining room and the kitchen from the rest of the house. I have an open floor plan. The dining room is open to the great room and the kitchen has an open pass through opening to the great room. I have tried carrying them into the laundry room, which has access to the bonus room over the garage (where there is an 8 ft kitty condo plus lots of toys), but they whine and scratch the door to get out to be with us. They stay upstairs during the weekdays when we are at work. I hate to make them be alone when I cook too, particularily when I get home in the evening after being gone for 8 hrs, and then to say hi and lock them upstairs again breaks my heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rirunyan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hissy, your puppies are sooo cute. I love dogs. I wish I was home more for dogs. Cats are great too though. I am still new to cats, but have dog experience.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, they are destructo puppies right at the moment- 5 months and 3 months old- oy vey! LOL

Didn't mean to hijack your thread!

I hope the scat mats work for you. Having cats on the stove would be a major concern. The worse thing this latest rescued litter does is run across our dinner plates when they are full of food- LOL

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitchen is long and narrow and the sink is on one side, the stove and fridge on the other with one very small counter between the fridge and stove. For some reason (they are smart kitties I guess) they never jump up on the counter near the stove. They only get on the counter on the sink part.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, when we bought our dining room table, there was this option to buy a mat, it's about 3/8 inch thick, with felt on the "down" side. It's burn proof, and probably cat proof too.

I must admit, I put too much junk on the counters to worry about the cats jumping on them. Maybe you should try that. (Just joking)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties own the place, they know not to jump on the stove but they do clamber all over the benches but I am a clean freak and they get cleaned every hour or two anyway

hiera

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is how my 2 cats learned not to eat the plants, not to scratch the sofa and not to jump on the dining table....
I used a 'spray' water bottle. Just the same you use to spray water on plant leaves.
right when they were eating the plants I 'sprayed' at them ( just a little shot of water) at the time I said a firm NO .After 2 or 3 times just the noise of the bottle was enough.
Give it a try. It worked for me and now they are well trained cats!