I am looking for a mentorin Cfa or Tica

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I believe the CFA Mentor program is done purely on a volunteer basis, and you are assigned a mentor based on your chosen breed/location. I have seen requests on the CFA list from the mentorship program for mentors based on breed/region, so I think the demand is greater than the current supply. Be patient, these things take time.

I never went through the program, as my mentor is the same person who sold me my pet--we live within driving distance of each other, so it worked out nicely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told cfa it did not matter if they lived in california or what breed it was.
We will see what happens.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got your pm - will email a few peeps once I get back from my 5 day seminar ok?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread really makes me think that the GCCF has the right idea - no show curtains or drapes, you have to provide a small cat bed and a blanket as long as they are regulation white (available for sale at cheap price in the show hall), small white litter tray, white water bowl, food provided after judging but not during...

Cuts out all the discussion and worries about what to do and how to present your pen - because they're all exactly the same.

As much as I like the idea of presenting your cat against a green drapes backdrop or whatever, and as much as I disagree with the GCCF on other issues, their regulations provide a level (and very bland and blank!) playing field, as all pens are exactly the same.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coloured curtains are fairly new here and there are still some associations that require curtains/cushions be all white.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can have coloured, I was talking about over here. And usually there is someone selling curtains etc. if you want to wait until you are at the show to buy.