"I Am Legend" - spoiler alert!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

You aren't thinking of The Neverending Story are you??? That is a boy, Atreyu, although he does look quite girl-y.
Thats what I thought it was too,...I bawled and bawled during that part of the movie. I really don't like movies where they kill animals...I actually don't see them again because it makes me feel so sad and I cna't get past it. I know its just a movie but sheesh!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Omg i was tearing when scene with Sam happened in I Am Legend!! ((i just watch it the other day)) I also hate movies were animals die.. or that part of the movie at least. Like on Willard were the Rats kill the Cat or when Willards Boss stabs Socrates, the rat, to death... Ive owned that movie since it came out and ive only watched it twice for those reasons,
and the movie My Dog Skip had me in tears at the age of 9 because of the part were the Grave Yard Guys beat Skip with a shovel
, i still cry to this day when i se that part of the movie... there are many more movies i could name i just cant think of them right now.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sob!

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I really really want to! I knew something was going to happen to the dog though b/c I saw him carrying her in his arms in one of the previews
Well, at least I know for sure now to have kleenex readily available...

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yum umm... know I'm coming into this late, but I had to put in my two cents. The movie was AWESOME, no doubt about it. But the dog part? I just KNEW something would happen to his dog. And I HATED it. I hate the death of animals or old people. It's just not right. Particularly because my dog is half shepherd, it really upset me. I went home and lavished a lot of attention on her.

But yeah, on that part, I was just a complete mess. I was crying very hard, my coworkers were looking at me like I was insane.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird

Yum umm... know I'm coming into this late, but I had to put in my two cents. The movie was AWESOME, no doubt about it. But the dog part? I just KNEW something would happen to his dog. And I HATED it. I hate the death of animals or old people. It's just not right. Particularly because my dog is half shepherd, it really upset me. I went home and lavished a lot of attention on her.

But yeah, on that part, I was just a complete mess. I was crying very hard, my coworkers were looking at me like I was insane.
Yes i loved the movie too! im ganna try to watch it again ((on www.movie6.net or www.moviesister.com)) then im ganna buy it the minute it comes out!! Great performance from Will!!!

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's weird to see Will Smith serious, but he really is a versitile and excellent actor. I don't know if I would see it again or not... I was so distubred by the dog scene.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We saw this today and it was amazing! I think Will Smith played the part wonderfully & I will definately be buying the DVD when it comes out. I was quite impressed, even though it was really sad at times

jeep_kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I read the story but I heard they changed it in the movie? Will Smith is great actor, catch him in Pursuit of Happyness!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Thats what I thought it was too,...I bawled and bawled during that part of the movie. I really don't like movies where they kill animals...I actually don't see them again because it makes me feel so sad and I cna't get past it. I know its just a movie but sheesh!
If you haven't seen it already, don't watch Watership Down.

I want to see this but will either wait until it comes out on dvd or watch it online.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

If you haven't seen it already, don't watch Watership Down.
I saw Watership down about a yr ago... it didnt really affect me except that it was creepy. Although its animated so... it wouldnt have the same affect as a living animal dying.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

I saw Watership down about a yr ago... it didnt really affect me except that it was creepy. Although its animated so... it wouldnt have the same affect as a living animal dying.
Yeah, it is a bit creepy. It doesn't matter that the bunnies are animated, my GF still hates it. I loved the book.

jeep_kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WD is a great book but I found the cartoon version...ummm just weird and kinda creepy!

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have any of you seen the old Omega man movie with Charleton Heston? I believe it was based on same book.

I agree with most of you that I love Will Smith in everything I have seen him in.

This movie was very good but a little slow and predictable at times. And yes, the scene with the dog was very upsetting. But I think it was so upsetting because they captured the true human emotion of what he had to do and he was now alone. Afterwards when he went to the pier he was basically ready to die.

The scary part of it is that it makes you think that this could really happen.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jeep_Kitty

I read the story but I heard they changed it in the movie?
How about what they didn't change... The main character's name -that's pretty much it.
It hinted that he was killing infected (the part where he was marking houses off the map) but didn't even keep the real reason why he was called a legend, completely ruining the real purpose of the story.

Originally Posted by Lizsto1

Have any of you seen the old Omega man movie with Charleton Heston? I believe it was based on same book.
I haven't seen that one yet, but the first movie based off of the book - The Last Man on Earth (1964) with Vincent Price is good. I suggest people try to get a hold of a copy of that to watch.