I am gonna die!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get a calender (or two) and write the countdown of days on it. You are going to visit him at least once right??? And he can come to visit you???
Will you have a good reliable vehicle to drives when he leaves??
This of how greatthis experience is for the future of both of you too. And mail to Europe only takes about 1 week!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Get a calender (or two) and write the countdown of days on it. You are going to visit him at least once right??? And he can come to visit you???
Will you have a good reliable vehicle to drives when he leaves??
This of how greatthis experience is for the future of both of you too. And mail to Europe only takes about 1 week!!
Yeah. I have his truck to drive. And if something happens to that my mom can take me to work and home since she works across the street from me.

I get to visit him and he has extra tickets to come home but he has decided not to so his training take less time. He is a fast learner so maybe it won't take all nine months. He has never been out of the southern US so this is going to be awesome for him. And I love having the opportunity to go back to Germany for a visit.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Thanks you guys! I think the hardest part will be sending him off at the airport. That and coming home to an empty house! He will be flying in to Stuttgart and not Frankfurt Fran!

I have already warned my brother in law that he will be seeing a lot of me for the next 9 months!!

I will be leaning a lot on you while he is gone to keep me occupied, at least while I am sitting at this desk here at work with the pictures of he and I all over my desk.
Brandi, I live just outside of Stuttgart (38 km/23.6 miles), and we have a spare bedroom, and the public transit system is great! So - if you want to visit.... There are direct flights from Atlanta, New York, and Calgary to Stuttgart. International phone calls are cheap if you use call-by-call, and free if you use Skype.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Brandi, I live just outside of Stuttgart (38 km/23.6 miles), and we have a spare bedroom, and the public transit system is great! So - if you want to visit.... There are direct flights from Atlanta, New York, and Calgary to Stuttgart. International phone calls are cheap if you use call-by-call, and free if you use Skype.
Wow that is very generous of you to offer your spare bed. Gambro will have an apartment for Lee in Hechingen and I will be able to stay with him when I visit. I would absolutely love to meet your for lunch during my stay there! Maybe even meet somewhere with Fran!! Noone could ever say there ladies of TCS aren't willing to help eachother out!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hechingen is really nice - my b-i-l used to live in the area. (You've got to go see Hohenzollern castle.) Maybe Fran could come stay with me, and we could all meet in Stuttgart or Tübingen? She could always bring Teufel and Kaylee with her - I'd love to see them again!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Brandi
This will be really hard..but we are all here for you, and the sooner he leaves the sooner you'll be together again right? I know that doesn't help but...I just can't imagine how hard it will be for you...Hugs to you, and we are here for you.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the

I can't imagine how hard that must be. You can be sure that we'll be around to keep you company online.

If you want time to go by faster, you could use those months to do something special by yourself. Maybe take evening classes (learn a new language, learn basket-weaving, painting or whatever you like), do volunteer work, write a book, build a website, start a new hobby...