I am going to have a breakdown

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kat_Boy

You guys won't believe it. They took her off her life support this morning, and gave her some comfort meds. Within minutes she woke up!!! Nobody, not even the doctors can explain how an 88 year old woman can go from being on life support for 4 days to waking up and actually talking. The part that killed the nurses and the family that was there, is when she started talking, she never said "am i OK" or "where am I" nothing....she asked if she could have a cup of tea.
She still won't be able to come to the wedding, she has to stay in the hospital for at least another 2 weeks before even returning to the home....but that I can deal with compared to what we all thought yesterday.
It's simply not her "time to go", and your wedding may have something to do with it. She won't be able to be physically present, but make sure you have photos of the event ASAP, so that she can at least experience it second hand. Polaroids or prints from a digicam will probably suffice for the time being.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kat_Boy

You guys won't beleive it. They took her off her life support this morning, and gave her some comfort meds. Within mintues she woke up!!! Nobody, not even the doctors can explain how an 88 year old woman can go from being on life support for 4 days to waking up and actually talking. The part that killed the nurses and the family that was there, is when she started talking, she never said "am i ok" or "where am I" nothing....she asked if she could have a cup of tea.
She still won't be able to come to the wedding, she has to stay in the hospital for at least another 2 weeks before even returning to the home....but that I can deal with compared to what we all thought yesterday.
Oh Matt, i just saw this thread and was so upset reading it until I read this part.
I'm so glad that everything turned out so well! Someone wanted your grandma to be with you for your wedding!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such good news! Now concentrate on your own happiness knowing that your Grandmother will enjoy hearing about it all. Very very best wishes to you and your partner on your special day.