I am getting more and more nervous...

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sending calming vibes.

Don't do laundry before you leave so Trout can have your sent to sleep with. I know it has helped Karma. We would come home and find her in a nest/cave of laundry just purring up a storm. We also noticed that Karma would use it as a vacation of sorts. Everything that we try to not let her do gets done. So if you have bookcases or anything that Trout is not alowed up on she may just do it. Karma likes to knock all of my DH's hotwheels off his shelf, it takes us days to find all of them. Believe me she will be fine and so will you. The best day will be when you get home and she can tell you all about her adventures in the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the vibes everyone. I know she will live without me for a week...I just worry about her...I am mostly worried about her not eating..last time I almost lost her it was because of that.

Only 1 more day to go...2 more sleeps with my baby before I leave.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Thanks for all the vibes everyone. I know she will live without me for a week...I just worry about her...I am mostly worried about her not eating..last time I almost lost her it was because of that.

Only 1 more day to go...2 more sleeps with my baby before I leave.
Maybe you can pick up a few of her favorite treats for your ex boyfriend to give her. A few tasty treats may remind her to eat

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nat, I'm sending calming vines your way Sweetie!! I'm sure she'll be fine

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. The thought of leaving the boys just terrifies me, even for a couple of days! DH and I are the only ones that Löki will let give him his asthma meds, and he has to have them, so haven't left him since he was diagnosed last year (other than for work and DH looked after him). Trout will miss you, but you have someone coming in to look after him, so he won't be alone the whole time. Just ask for updates by phone on him! And have a great itme!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never deal well with being away from the girls, but they're always fine. Cindy doesn't come out immediately, but once she realizes it's us, she can't stop rubbing and purring.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she will be ok.
Heyu lost a little weight during the time i was gone. But
from what friends said, they did not even come out when they were in the house.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the same way too! Trout will be just fine hon
When Colin and I recently went to Alabama- I was soooo worried about leaving my furbabies behind. We had his friend Chris come in the morning to let them out after his shift was over (around 6am) and My sister Kimmy and her family came over 3 other times throughout the day to take care of our dogs./ Kojak stayed at the shelter where i work back in isolation (away from sick kitties and in the back so nobody would try to adopt him.) My coworkers looked after him and gave him his meds every day- they took AWESOME care of him and I knew he'd be safe there because my friends all were taking care of him
/ I was also worrying about my itsy bitsy foster kittens - the other foster momma watched them for me- we talked almost every day and she took great care of them
It eased my mind to call and check on them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, somehow I can't see my ex tolerating me trying to talk to Trout on the phone..
It would be nice for her though I'm sure.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! Only one more sleep with my baby girl

OMG, I think I am the one who is going to have separation anxiety

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She'll be fine, you'll see...and she will love on you a lot when you come back.
Have a wonderful trip!