I am definitely a hoarder.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can relate!

We have 2 cats. I can't afford more right now. In the future, I would love to have 3 provided that we had a much larger house. My SO doesn't want more than 2 though. I am hesitant because of the stigma that comes from owning multiple cats...which I shouldn't care about but I do. I want to be a rescue home for cats in the future because then I get my fill of new kitties but it would only be temporary.

I feel horrible for even admitting this, but sometimes I wish that cats had a shorter lifespan so I could share my home with more cats. I probably won't have a new kitty for another 15 years and that makes me kind of sad.

I have a ton of wet cat food and dry food. I have an irrational fear of running out
I stopped buying cat toys a long time ago though, because I have way too many. I have a ton of cat dishes too...though I threw a few away recently. (I justify this because Matilda's chin acne requires a clean dish for every meal). We have a pantry/closet with an entire shelf of wet cat and dog food (my SO used to make fun of me for buying so much wet food at once but now he's the same way with his dog, lol). I have about 2-3 weeks worth of wet food. Another shelf of the pantry has two large bins for dry food (cat and dog). Then another shelf has two baskets with cat toys, dog treats, grooming products, medicines, etc.

I have an aunt who *is* a hoarder...you can't walk in her house. She has this gorgeous expensive house filled with tons of 'stuff', there are little aisles going from room to room. She buys and buys and buys. She also has at least 4 cats (and 2 dogs and 1 human son). She needs a professional to help her...not a professional organizer but a mental health professional. It's been a problem for years and we've tried but you can't just force them to throw everything away and start over because the problem habits don't go away. Her pets are all well-cared for as far as I know (except she makes the 4 of them share 1 litter box, I have no idea why). They eat premium cat food and are indoor-only and have a zillion cat trees and water fountains. Her cats aren't rescue cats though, most of them are from a local backyard breeder.
She's not an animal hoarder, she's a 'stuff' hoarder.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

But...I am a hoarder. I can't help it. Right now, I have enough dry cat food and enough wet cat food to last a MINIMUM of three months for each cat.

Oh - and them there are the cat toys. I have more than 150 furry mice in the house, and scores of catnip toys, dozens of wands, at least three laser pointers...

Do you think I need professional help?
lol that ok i buy about a month or 2 worth of food at a time for them
(in fact some women in line complained about all the cat food i was buying)

and my fridge sounds like about yours, almost empty

however you do not have enough cat toys, you need to go out and buy 3 new toys for each cat