I am curious where your cats sleep at night?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All over the house.
But, if you're wanting to know if you're being a bad owner by locking them in a (rather large) bathroom at night? No way.
It sounds as though their every need has been seen to, and judging by what you say their reactions are, they are not at all unhappy about the arrangement.

Sounds like everyone in your home is happy about the sleeping arrangement.
Tell your friend to take a flying leap, your cats are healthy, and happy and
they're your cats, they'll sleep where you see fit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have learned so much from this site since I got my cats. I was feeling pretty guilty...now i'm not. Thanks everyone. I have found cats and *their people* are pretty unique!

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Deja Vu has always liked to sleep on the top of the recliner (not the seat, the top of the back part). The new guy seems to sleep at night under the bed, but any other cat naps are near me, wherever I am.

Rocky, lately, has taken to sleeping inside the pillow case that's on the pillow I leave on the bed just for them. He's so cute in there. If he wakes up and wants attention, he will stick out one paw or just his cute little nose and cheeks. All i have to do is pick up the edge of the pillowcase and he will run right in, and be asleep in moments. He's so cute. He's there right now, as a matter of fact (I use my puter while I'm on my futon, where I also sleep).

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Even though Smidge is allowed to come in my room at night...I kept catching her on the couch. So now, at bedtime, I put her favorite fleece throw on the couch in her spot. When she sees it she immediately jumps into and curls up.

She usually comes into my room sometime in the morning; sometimes it's 5:00am, other times, moments before my alarm. Once time she was late - the alarm went off and I heard her tear off the couch and jump on me. She believes it is her job to wake me up in the morning

She always naps with me though; I wouldnt mind her sleeping with me all night, but not happening for now (I'm a kicker, that might have something to do with it).

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, our 2 cats sleep with my son in his room. But when we move they may wind up sleeping in the finished basement at nite or when we can't supervise. The 15 yr old would be ok to leave totally free; but we don't trust Ling that much - she gets in enough trouble sometimes when we do supervise

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fosters are kept in their room until I know they all get on (or at least tolerate each other enough not to fight while I am asleep).
Ginger rarely sleeps upstairs, in fact he only comes upstairs to pinch food!!
Pebbles, Tom and Molly generally sleep on my bed - Tom normally down near my legs, Pebbles either at the bottom of the spare half, the spare pillow (which is hers) or under the covers with me. Molly also likes to sleep under the covers, but if I am fidgeting too much she will lie between my stomach and knees. She isn't always on the bed when I wake up though, she also likes to sleep under the computer desk. Woke up the other morning to find Tom on me, and PEbbles and Molly under the duvet, one on each side.
I tried to have a nap on the sofa the other day, and had Tom on my legs, Pebbles on my shoulder, and Molly with her bum on the sofa and her legs draped across my neck (she loves lying on my neck!!).
I love my cats sleeping on the bed, although Molly does tend to have a mad 10 mins chasing her tail - it is so comical that I don't mind being woken up though!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phenom has to sleep between Lee and I at night. If she isn't physically touches both of us at the same time then she won't sleep for long. Silly girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He has developed a new habit...my husband gets up before i do. He lets the cats out. Remy will sit on the bed with his face inches from mine...he will stay that way till i open my eyes...then he immediately goes about his business. His momma, mitzee sits on the floor and observes. Its really quite funny

reagant999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Max sleep on or near my head and Liz sleep on the corner of the bed. If I ever attempt to keep them out of the bedroom, they let me know of their displeasure. If your cats have access to litter, food and water, they are fine in your bathroom.

kateyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kata and Sophie sleep on my bed.
Mafy likes to sleep on a couch or sofa of the living room.
Max chooses different places.. he used to sleep on a sofa, then he switched to sleeping in a bathroom, then he decided its best to sleep right next to the bathroom door (we had to leave the bathroom light on at night so no one would step on him!) and now he's decided the best place to sleep is under a chair.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skittles now licks my hair and forhead till I look at her. Then she will meow as if to say mom you awake. I say morning skittles she meows again then jumps up on my side lays there till I get my big butt up.