"i Am Cat, Hear Me...squeak?"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Aww, so cute! It's a little different, but Olive squeaks a lot when she gets super happy and cuddly. Sorry about the rotated video, I couldn't figure out how to change it on this computer. I think she sounds like that underwater world in Mario ...

View media item 421436
Aaack! That's incredibly cute with the purr thrown in there! (The video was okay on my screen.) Olive looks just like my very first cat, Sara. I have, of course, adored all of my cats without reservation, but Sara was by far the smartest!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, she's pretty darn cute. She does this most often lying on my chest and puts her face right into mine. It's such a satisfying bonding moment.

And I definitely think torties are the smartest. ;)

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
And I definitely think torties are the smartest. ;)
The only cat I’ve had that came close to Sara in the smarts department was Mayflower, my sweet long-haired orange girl, who survived for six years outside on her own after being dumped by a college student. I do love torties!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Honeybee makes tiny meeps and beeps when she's feeling sweet. IF I don't respond then it's a howl yowl meow. I love it when they talk to us. Pumps will meep at me in the morning when coming with her tuna snack. She lays by the room I feed her in and meeps when she sees me coming...never get tired of cats meowing! Will have to find a video of Honeybee's meeps n beeping noises..

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Honeybee makes tiny meeps and beeps when she's feeling sweet. IF I don't respond then it's a howl yowl meow. I love it when they talk to us. Pumps will meep at me in the morning when coming with her tuna snack. She lays by the room I feed her in and meeps when she sees me coming...never get tired of cats meowing! Will have to find a video of Honeybee's meeps n beeping noises..
I know! Isn’t it wonderful? Lily says, “Me?” or “Meh” and barely opens her mouth. Mocha has perfected the silent meow. It’s like she had laryngitis and never got her voice back entirely—although when she’s zooming through the house, she’ll sometimes make a noise like a flute. Iris has a hearty “Maaaa” with a short “a” sound like “mass” without the “s.” I can’t understand why The Spouse can’t tell them apart when they’re talking in the other room...or in the middle of the night. I always know.