I am a Proud New Mama!

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this isn't misinformation. I got it directly from my vet (I called before I posted). Nena10 made no mention of anesthetic just the proper weight WHEN a cat SHOULD be neutered.

By the way Nena10, that's one of the first things vets do when they have a check up, get a weight on the kitty.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
anytime before performing any type of surgery so they can know how much medication to dispense. Kind of like when we go to the doctor's and we have to always weigh for them. If they need to give us a shot or whatever, they base the amount of what they are giving on what we weigh. But you neuter a cat when it is older, it has nothing to do with how much it weighs. My vet won't do them until they are 5 months old.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Donna,

I didn't mean you, I meant about the weight being a factor. I can just see a vet weighing an animal and pronouncing him too little to neuter (meaning too young) and someone putting the two together even tho' the vet didn't mean it that way. So I was thinking it would have been easy for me to tell someone "I read on my cat site that . . ." and be completely inaccurate. Because of course I assume you guys are experts!

My bad.

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunlion,

Okay, I see now. Sorry about that.

Donna