I am a bad TCS member

d'elle and beau

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I'm one of those people who hates answering the phone - I often let it ring, but do respond to emails and PMs at some point. Let me put it this way - I have a life and responsibilities quite apart from TCS - does that make me, or you, a "bad member"? I think not!
Me too! I often do not answer the phone. Actually, I find it easier a lot of the time to communicate with people through the computer, and do a lot more emailling than phoning. Of course, that is also in part because most of my friends live a long ways away, because I just moved to my current abode last summer and do not know many people yet. But I have lived 'way out in the country and been a hermit, too, and loved it. Groups like this are a fun way to communicate with others on our own time schedule, and I don't think that it matters how well we know each other. How well can we know each other, anyway, never having met in person, after all? But the good thing is it doesn't matter.

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well Diane you have another quiet one here I do more reading than answering. So basically I am a shy person too. It is fun to get to know someone new and get brave
enough to put in my opinion without feeling like I have to hide.
So No we don't think you are a bad person just quiet. Maybe just need a little bump :bump: to get you going.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diane, join us on the vacation thread if you have some free time, it's alot of fun and we all get to know each other well.

Your not a bad member! I enjoy reading your posts and seeing pics of your kitties antics!

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely use PMs. I have made a few to members, but only to speak specifically about a cat related topic or comment a person made in their post. I have received a few from members, but not many.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would feel shy too about PMing someone unless it was really important or private and relevant to something posted. But I am getting to feel I know some people at least a bit through their posts, and I am so grateful and amazed at the support I had throughout Persil's traumatic time, when I really thought I would lose her. And I like the vacation thread too, though I don't have time to be there all through.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to add to what everyone has said... that does NOT make you a bad TCS member, I know when I first joined I was pretty nervous writing just to begin with. I just hope that this thread will help you talk to more people who would love to get to know you and your kitties better (like me) and maybe get rid of a bit of that nervousness and start being a bit more outgoing.

But even if that doesn't happen... we'll still love you!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel the same way. I am ashamed of myself and want to get to know all of you better.

Originally Posted by stormy

With all of the "make a member feel good" post I realise that there aren't very many people here I know very well. And I've been here for over a year now! Don't worry I'm not putting the blame on anyone but me
It just never really occured to me until recently about using PM's...I mean I knew it was there but... and it's usually not easy for me to put my thoughts into words
(OK, I admit I might be a bit slow!
)

Anyway, I just want to tell everyone how very much I enjoy my time here and reading all of your post and seeing all of your pictures and sharing my kitties with all of you!

You guys are the best!

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't feel bad... I'm that way too. I always feel like I'm intruding when I PM someone. I know its silly... but, eh.

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, I feel the same way that Diane and Tina do... I was wondering if everyone thought I was a horrible person because I really dont know everyone all too well... with the exception of stevie and fwan, who I have shared PM's with... and Ari, who broke Malakai's heart when she promised Baylee to Juicy... but that's okay, you're still wonderful, Ari!! LoL It's kinda funny considering everyone knows all about me from my threads about Adrian, My mom, the job hunt, etc...

I really never thought of using the PM feature and I only answer them when I get them.... I guess I feel like I'd be intruding to just send one randomly...
I guess that's another confession - I always feel like I'd be intruding if I called someone out of the blue...