Hypoallergenic Kitty Litter

mymila

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe my cat is sensitive to her kitty litter...
She always has itchy skin.
In the spring she had a real bad reaction . At that time I changed her litter . Took a longtime for the rash to go away but it still acting up a bit.
I am looking for hypoallergenic litter. It's hard to find.
I tried the corn based. She didn't even want to use it.
Can anyone know where to buy a good hypoallergenic litter in Canada?
Thank you.
Mila

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has the cat been to the vet to rule out other possible causes of the itchy skin and rash?

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Fresh Step litters with Febreeze make my cat itch and sneeze. We are currently using Dr. Elsey's Ultra litter. I've read good things about it here. It has WAYY less dust than most other clumping litters we have tried and is unscented so no overbearing perfume smell. Dr. Elsey's actually has some litters that are designed for special health concerns as well... Cat Attract litter for cats going outside the box, Respiratory Relief and I believe a Senior litter as well.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it is a litter allergy it probably is the scent, I would try the unscented. My cats won't use the natural litters either. The main reason I tried was because they are so much lighter. I live in an upstairs apartment and am getting older. Getting litter from the car and up the stairs then getting the used litter out to the dumpster was becoming an issue. I now pay extra for lightweight clumping clay litter and have it delivered by Chewy.com.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a walnut based one by Natural Balance. You could also try Yesterday's News or the pine litters.