Hypoallergenic cat foods

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The vet is recommending that Fancy go on a hypoallergenic food for 8 to 13 weeks due to ongoing tummy troubles. She's having soft stools (not out and out diarrhea) and, as the vet tech phrased it "room clearing flatulence".

Aside from Hills and RC are there any other brands?

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet is recommending that Fancy go on a hypoallergenic food for 8 to 13 weeks due to ongoing tummy troubles. She's having soft stools (not out and out diarrhea) and, as the vet tech phrased it "room clearing flatulence".

Aside from Hills and RC are there any other brands?
I've only used Hills once. One of my boys had the stomach issue. But both seemed to enjoy the food. The only downside was the price. I think that I paid close to $60. For a 11lb. Bag.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I checked those out and I'm surprised how many of them have fish meal, fish oil, or salmon oil in them. I'm trying to avoid all fish products because I know my other cat is triggered by them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After speaking with the vet, she said that I could try a novel protein LID (she suggested rabbit or kangaroo). After planning period and lunch research, I am going with the Instinct LID rabbit. But since I'm not 100% sure how she'll like it, I tried to take advantage of some sales. Pet Supplies Plus has 25% off curbside AND they were $5 cheaper on the dry than anyone else so I put in the order. Unfortunately they didn't have the wet, so I am using my points at PetSmart for the wet AND getting back from Rakuten. My other cat I'll keep on her normal wet and see if she'll eat the rabbit dry. I need to be able to use my timed/remote kibble drop feeder for both of them. For the wet I've already trained them on microchip feeders (mostly to keep my cat that needs to lose weight out of the food for the cat that needs to gain weight) and I'm just getting a different color bowl so I don't mix up foods when I'm half asleep.