Hyperthesia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should have posted sooner but all my cats have had one thing or another wrong and so have i so I neglected to get back.

Panther is much better. WE cut down his amount to .30 once a day and no more Ace Promazine. He STILL does chase his tail, when bored or stressed but usually I can Tssst him out of it or simply get him thinking about something or use his da bird for him.

Thanks to all of you for your help!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just saw this, sorry I didn't get to it sooner. Be careful about medication. Check first to be sure that the drugs don't interact with each other. Sometimes medicating it makes it worse. My article is in the main website in the health section, or it used to be. It might be archived or something, I haven't looked in awhile.

You can PM me if you want- it's easier to get ahold of me that way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I DID read your article and you emailed me and I thank you do very much! WE orginally had him on .50 cc's of fluoxitine and 1/2 ace promazine but he did not improve so vet said maybe it was making him hyper and to cut down on it. I did and then I stopped the ace. Mostly he is good - occaisionally the tail bothers him BUT I think NOWDAYS when it does it is because he itches.

Other day I rubbed anti itch wipes all over him but mostly on his tail and WHAM he stopped bothering his tail. Funny how it works on him but not my itchy girl!

Again THANK you for the help, YOU were VERY kind! He is now QUITE a hellraiser! LOL!

Originally Posted by hissy

Just saw this, sorry I didn't get to it sooner. Be careful about medication. Check first to be sure that the drugs don't interact with each other. Sometimes medicating it makes it worse. My article is in the main website in the health section, or it used to be. It might be archived or something, I haven't looked in awhile.

You can PM me if you want- it's easier to get ahold of me that way