Hyperactive One Year Old

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So this morning I wake up to a very hyperactive Lilly and boy do I mean hyper she's even tried climbing the wall. Barreling along our narrow gall like an elephant, jumping from piece of furniture to furniture once clearing a good 4ft gap! But as soon as I break out the toys to play shes settled down surrounded by mice and jingle balls I'm disappointed because it's getting less and less often her wanting to play :(

kordron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it's the name we chose Stephie, my Lily is like this too, she runs around the house like a mad cat until I break out the toys and then she's like "Eh, I'm good"

Maybe I should name her "Eloise" :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
 What other sorts  of toys do you have for her?  Does she like interactive ones like da bird or the cat dancer? 
MoochNNoodles I cant get those posted out to me at a decent price but she does have a good variety crocheted mice and fish, sisal rope mice, fabric mouse, wand toys all of which she has shredded to bits been in the process of repairing her favorite, Balls and cylinders with bells in them. Puzzle balls to put treats in, scratching posts, cat tree. Quite a few plus we normally keep a couple cardboard boxes for her to jump about on and hide in. But she shredded them with her jumping and scratching :D

Kordon I think you could be right my Lilly is also a tuxedo cat though my lilly is long haired and a pain in the bum to groom :D

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe a few interactive ones will help keep her interested in playing with you.  Especially if you keep them put away when you aren't playing.  My girls know the sound of the laser pointer container and come running!  Noodles knows I keep Da Bird in the front coat closet.  If it's not something she has access to all the time it might get her excited about it. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes been playing with her cat tunnel which has calmed her significantly though I may have to invest in some new wand toys and maybe some cat nip spray and sssscat So I can spray the sofas with scat and her posts with catnip