Hyperactive Cat And Chill Cat Dropping In To Say Hi!

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey, I've been scouring this site for a while now, decided to join recently (you can see my post in the cat behavior section). I've got two cats now. Prince, an 8 month old hyperactive orange tabby cat that has a bundle of energy (30 minute play sessions and he's still going!), and a beautiful black kitten about the same age named Nikita. She came from a foster home with lots of cats, and was the sweetest lap cat there, so she's not as aloof and skittish as Prince, or as high-energy...I've gotten past the introduction part, but that's the problem, haha, Prince keeps trying to play with her and she wants none of that!

Well, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me because Prince was my first official cat (Got him in November) and I was learning then, and now I have Nikita, and I've never had two cats at the same time...much less hyperactive ball of fur resident cat joining with a chill lap cat XD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've got Prince in the bathroom currently (studio apartment, bathroom door is the ONLY door) while I give Nikita a play session. I'm trying to build her confidence in this new environment because, while Prince isn't being aggressive, his hyperactivity may be driving her to stay under the bed. Prince stayed under the bed himself when I first got him, but he didn't have another, confident cat, trying to entice him to play when he doesn't want to.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
They look lovely and good to see them eating together.

You may want to post your questions in Cat Behavior as there are more members with such experiences with their cats as they frequent that forum page over there.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah no worries, I've already got a post over there. I am glad to see them at least spending time together but definitely I think Nikita needs to become accustomed to her new environment somehow. Onto their stories ^_^

Prince, I got when I started working at a pet store, I am a dog person typically and prefer black cats if I'm going to have a cat, but he charmed me in an instant there. I kept feeling sad when I thought someone else would adopt him (though I wanted him to have a forever home) and so I decided to take him home with me. He was scared for a little while, staying under the bed in this strange new environment for a few days, then he started coming out to play...and when I say play, I do mean high energy nonstop play! Haha, so adorable with all his cat trees (He's got his castle, his tree, his tower, his hut, his stand...)

As for Nikita, well I wasn't going to get another cat after Prince, and I kept saying I wanted a dog, but her story spans over a series of cats, hence her official name is "Nikita the Third".

When I was a kid, I had a gorgeous black cat, family cat. My mother passed away and my grandparents didn't want any animals (at the time we lived in a gated community) so the community guards sent the dogs to a shelter but Nikki (shortening) shot out the front door never to be seen again :(. I don't know if Nikki ever found a home, the incident has left me terrified of ever letting a cat outside (my cats will always be indoor kitties).

Then several years ago I was in a bad relationship with somebody and had this kitten that I adored, the only thing at the time making me happy. She was full black, the runt of the litter and a loving lap kitty, so sweet and chill. When I got the courage to leave my ex (she and her mother were abusive, and dangerous) to stay with my grandparents for a time, they said "Do NOT bring any animals", so unfortunately I had to leave Nikita II behind :(.

Now Nikita III, the precious baby you see in that picture, I saw when the foster lady brought her to the pet store for adoption. She was so small, not going to grow much more for her age, full black and looked just like Nikita II. She's sweet, loveable, lap kitty and I just fell in love with her. I had to bring her home.

And here we are. Prince, the hyperactive kitten and Nikita, the chill cat

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah no worries, I've already got a post over there. I am glad to see them at least spending time together but definitely I think Nikita needs to become accustomed to her new environment somehow. Onto their stories ^_^

Prince, I got when I started working at a pet store, I am a dog person typically and prefer black cats if I'm going to have a cat, but he charmed me in an instant there. I kept feeling sad when I thought someone else would adopt him (though I wanted him to have a forever home) and so I decided to take him home with me. He was scared for a little while, staying under the bed in this strange new environment for a few days, then he started coming out to play...and when I say play, I do mean high energy nonstop play! Haha, so adorable with all his cat trees (He's got his castle, his tree, his tower, his hut, his stand...)

As for Nikita, well I wasn't going to get another cat after Prince, and I kept saying I wanted a dog, but her story spans over a series of cats, hence her official name is "Nikita the Third".

When I was a kid, I had a gorgeous black cat, family cat. My mother passed away and my grandparents didn't want any animals (at the time we lived in a gated community) so the community guards sent the dogs to a shelter but Nikki (shortening) shot out the front door never to be seen again :(. I don't know if Nikki ever found a home, the incident has left me terrified of ever letting a cat outside (my cats will always be indoor kitties).

Then several years ago I was in a bad relationship with somebody and had this kitten that I adored, the only thing at the time making me happy. She was full black, the runt of the litter and a loving lap kitty, so sweet and chill. When I got the courage to leave my ex (she and her mother were abusive, and dangerous) to stay with my grandparents for a time, they said "Do NOT bring any animals", so unfortunately I had to leave Nikita II behind :(.

Now Nikita III, the precious baby you see in that picture, I saw when the foster lady brought her to the pet store for adoption. She was so small, not going to grow much more for her age, full black and looked just like Nikita II. She's sweet, loveable, lap kitty and I just fell in love with her. I had to bring her home.

And here we are. Prince, the hyperactive kitten and Nikita, the chill cat
Such a sad story of your past kittys.:bawling: Hopefully you will get some input from multi cat households, but it is sounding promising.:goodluck:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Nature9000 Nature9000 !! Just dropping in to say Speedy and I are so glad to see you here on the site! :hellosmiley:It is just Speedy and me, so I don't know much about cats behavior together, but nonetheless, we do want to wish you the warmest of welcomes to thecatsite! Thanks so much for posting the photo of Prince and Nikita, they seem to be making a little progress and they certainly are beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing you and the cats on the forums! Nature9000 Nature9000 , this is my little girl saying hello! and welcome -
20171012_164148-1.jpg Welcome Nature9000 Nature9000 from Speedy! :welcomesign::happycat:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just wanted to "officially" welcome you to the site, even though we already "met" in your earlier thread. :wave2:

Prince and Nikita are beautiful cats. Hopefully soon they'll be best buds. :catlove:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kudos to you for working the situation so well. Keep it up!