Hurricane Gustav

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last I heard was that the house looked in tact from the front, a tree could have fallen on it in back. There was a huge bowl of cat food in the house, now I am thinking that maybe there wasn't anyone going to get the cat like I was told. I am wondering if that was just something said to passify her daughter and myself. I was voicing concern over cat and no food. Or maybe they just put out LOTS of food to hold her over until the people got there. I am not sure. I have been pushed out of the information circle lately.

I will be heading away and going to Tulsa to be with my sister, then maybe back to Wyoming, or I may stay there and get a job. It is strange not knowing where my life will be going. I also left a bag of Eukanuba on the counter, if she gets hungry she will be able to knock the bag off the counter and the contents should fall out, if not she should be able to get the food out. I have been worried and stressed over the poor kitty.

But I hear the front of the house looks fine. Shingles are missing. I also heart it could be 2 months before utilities are back. My hubby and his bro are supposed to head back and get back to work. Their work has a generator. Not that it will fix the sewers or the fact that they won't be able to wash their clothes.

Nyghtshade is eating. She's still hiding, but she has come out from behind the plywood to see me when I check on her. I worry about her though. She is used to being held and cuddled with at night. She paws at my face so I can pull up the covers so she can crawl under. Then she usually licks me a few times, and settles in, with her little arm extended around my neck. If she isn't under the covers with me, she will sleep between hubby and my pillows, with her arm extended and her paw on my arm or face. Like she has to touch me to be comfortable. I miss cuddling with her. It's driving me nuts. I am sure it is driving her nuts as well.

OOOH... Someone got into the house, and saw the cat, the cat is fine. Now someone in the neighborhood has access to the house, and knows the cat is there!! He went in there looking for one of the dogs. cuz he thought one of the dogs was drowning in his pool. it turned out that it wasn't my broinlaw's dog, but someone else's dog. Their son is still in Houma, and has a key to the house as well. From what it sounds, the house is perfectly fine. So is the cat. I am hearing this from my browinlaw's wife, talking about her son right now. I am confused, but to know the cat is fine, and that he has a key, and that he knows the cat is there. That is all that matters. The cat was just meowing, the cat still has food, and he was told to make sure the water dishes are full.

He works at Domino's in Houma, and it is open and operating, everything runs off of gas. There is a place next to them that has a generator that is running an icemachine, and are supplying ice to dominos. There is national guard near dominos so they are probably feeding them.
I am happy the kitty is fine, and that someone with a key knows the cat is there, and will be checking on her.

Be safe.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here on the coast of NC, we are supposed to get some rain and wind, but we are stocking up a little anyway. I have to get gas for the generator, and some rum, and I'll be done.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news about the cat that was left behind. I'm glad she is OK. I'm glad you are OK too. It's unfortunate to hear that you don't really know what you'll be doing or where you'll be going. Good luck with whatever you choose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are headed back to Houma today. We are getting ready to take off right now. Just wanted to take a minute and be on the net before I leave. I don't think we have electricity back yet. I also doubt there is net yet there.
Hope everyone gets through hanna and Ike fine. Everyone be safe.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

We are headed back to Houma today. We are getting ready to take off right now. Just wanted to take a minute and be on the net before I leave. I don't think we have electricity back yet. I also doubt there is net yet there.
Hope everyone gets through hanna and Ike fine. Everyone be safe.
Great that you are able to get back.