Hurricane Ernesto...

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone is safe and it downgrades even further! No one wants a repeat of any of the hurricanes from last year! Stay safe!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

It's here! The storm is going to make landfall tonight! We are under a Hurricane watch, Tropical Storm warning, flood watch and a tornado warning!
I hope I don't lose my power!
You are so much braver than I would be!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got word... Miami campus is closed again tomorrow...I figured it would be. I can only imagine what the students down there are thinking. We have gotten a few rain bands but nothing to worry about. I just talked to some co-workers down there and they said it's just rain and wind for now so that's good... glad it isn't going to be that bad.... at least we hope!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Just got word... Miami campus is closed again tomorrow...I figured it would be. I can only imagine what the students down there are thinking. We have gotten a few rain bands but nothing to worry about. I just talked to some co-workers down there and they said it's just rain and wind for now so that's good... glad it isn't going to be that bad.... at least we hope!
They are having a hurricane party like everyone else!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

What's a hurricane party???
a party during the hurricane... that's all.. I have never personally been to one but I know alot of people who have

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

a party during the hurricane... that's all.. I have never personally been to one but I know alot of people who have
I know I'm a crabby old lady, but I went through Hurricane Andrew.
The very last thing you want is to be drunk when your house falls down.
When a storm comes we sleep with our shoes on ready to react quickly and smart. The people who die in storms usually do so because they did something stupid.

Ernesto wasn't bad at all- we lucked out this time.

Now we drink!!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it's just me,.... but something makes me think having your house fall in on you would make you sober up PDQ.

That reminds me. After Frances, while our power was still out and Ivan was on his way (or at least we thought he was, ended up hitting the west coast...) one of my neighbors had a sign in the window that said "Ivan you're too late! Our beer is already warm!"

Not much here except rain so far, but it's not scheduled to make a direct hit until this evening I believe. Although walking the dogs while being pelted with huge raindrops was not exactly a fun way to wake up this morning