Huni's kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissie42

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am just waiting for Belle's new mummy to come and collect her.
Bless I will wiss her sooooo much, she has been such fun.

Chrissie

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Chris, I'm so happy you have homes for them all, but I'm so sad to see any of them go......will who they're going to join TCS and keep us posted on them???

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh Chris, I'm so happy you have homes for them all, but I'm so sad to see any of them go......will who they're going to join TCS and keep us posted on them???
Yes, I think that should be a requirement!

chrissie42

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have just had an email from Baby Belle's new mum - Clare.
She is settling in just fine, and has already made herself at home.
Just have to introduce her to the established cat, so I hope it continues to
go well for them all......!

Updates soon.
Chrissie

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure it's easier on the momma to take them away one at a time. That's what we did with Elsa (although she had 8, and was probably grateful to get those teenagers off her paws, LOL)

It's like the way teenagers act, it makes you look forward to them moving out! (can you tell I have 2 teenagers?)

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, look at those sweet little faces.
It's adorable how the black smudges are on the left side of one face and the right of the other.

chrissie42

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My three kittens have gone to their new homes now.
We just have the two we keeping, jinj and Jodi (squirt) and of course Huni.
They are a sweet little family. A mixture of playtime, loving and fighting and sometimes still feeding!!
We have feedback from the new families and they seem to be getting along ok.
Thanks to everyone for all of your interest, and sharing this special event with me.
I will post some more pics from time to time, so come back later and check how we are all doing.
Take care
Chrissie
Huni, Jodi and Jinj. xx

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pray they all found wonderful furever homes! Thank you so much for letting us share their lives.......I look forward to seeing more pictures!

chrissie42

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Huni had her kittens over 4 months ago now, all is well and so is she.
We kept asking the vet when could we have her spayed....? And they insisted that she had to have stopped feeding, and then wait another 3 weeks on to have her operation. Well because we kept 2 kittens ourselves, they have kept on having sneeky feeds, so we could not get it timed right. We have noticed of late she has put on a bit of weight and her nipples are raised ( but is that from still feeding i wonder). What if she is pregnant again...? Is it fair to put her through this again so soon. Will the vets perform an abortion and spayed her at the same time....? I feel like a bad parent - any advice please?

Regards
Chrissie

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been going outside at all? Has she been in heat?

We kept a kitten from Elsa's litter, and he nursed for the entire time (6 months) that we had him, but you can get her spayed really any time after they are weaned, like after 3 months, I would say.

Didn't she get really thin after she had the babies? It's possible she's just finally getting some weight back. You can take her to the vet, and have her spayed, and just not find out either way if there's another litter on the way. Cats don't think in terms of abortion - they aren't like us in that regard - just not as self aware, so you wouldn't be hurting her psychologically. And it would help physically.

Originally Posted by chrissie42

Huni had her kittens over 4 months ago now, all is well and so is she.
We kept asking the vet when could we have her spayed....? And they insisted that she had to have stopped feeding, and then wait another 3 weeks on to have her operation. Well because we kept 2 kittens ourselves, they have kept on having sneeky feeds, so we could not get it timed right. We have noticed of late she has put on a bit of weight and her nipples are raised ( but is that from still feeding i wonder). What if she is pregnant again...? Is it fair to put her through this again so soon. Will the vets perform an abortion and spayed her at the same time....? I feel like a bad parent - any advice please?

Regards
Chrissie