Hungry kitty (7 months old) eats like a dog!

Debbieake

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have never seen a kitten gobble her food like a dog. I feed her regularly and the required amount but she inhales it. She is very active and also very vocal. She has different voices for different situations. Extremely affectionate and actually demands attention. She loves snuggling against my neck and throws her head back for me to rub her neck. I have never had a kitty with this much personality. I really got lucky when I picked this one out of the shelter. I think she may be egyptian mau mix. Opinions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Debbieake

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She stole a piece of broccoli off my plate and ate it then came back for more.
sissykat.jpg
hungry kitty.jpg
hungrykitty.jpg
lilsis.jpg
sissy.jpg
sleepysis.jpg

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds like a very entertaining companion, and now I can see that she's a lovely girl, too :redheartpump:

I would describe your cat as a brown spotted tabby domestic shorthair.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. Although spotted tabby is not as common as other tabby patterns, it does appear in the domestic cat population. Aside from being spotted, she doesn't have a strong resemblance to the Egyptian Mau breed, and it's very unlikely she would have any Egyptian Mau ancestry. That doesn't make her any less beautiful or special, however! Domestic shorthairs are great cats in their own right :)

Debbieake

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her black spots are only on the tips of her hair.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her black spots are only on the tips of her hair.
The black markings on a tabby cat are often darker at the tip, and lighter at the base. Between the dark markings, tabby cats also have banded hairs, called "agouti." Each individual hair has dark and light bands along its length. This is normal for all tabby cats, whether or not the cat is any specific breed.

Tabby is the "wild type," the original color pattern for domestic cats, designed by nature to camouflage the cat when hunting in its natural environment of shifting shadows and tall grasses. It's intricate and beautiful!

Debbieake

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The black markings on a tabby cat are often darker at the tip, and lighter at the base. Between the dark markings, tabby cats also have banded hairs, called "agouti." Each individual hair has dark and light bands along its length. This is normal for all tabby cats, whether or not the cat is any specific breed.

Tabby is the "wild type," the original color pattern for domestic cats, designed by nature to camouflage the cat when hunting in its natural environment of shifting shadows and tall grasses. It's intricate and beautiful!
Thank you for your opinion.