Hundreds of Cats

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember the children's book, Millions of Cats - well, this Canadian man is sort of on the way there. And realized he was in deep.

Sounds like he was really doing well by the cats - they're well care for, sociable, and . . . pregnant. I also don't understand - if the article is accurate - how he manages with only 10 litter pans.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Incredible that so many folks abandon all these animals after Covid.Wow. I hope now that a charity is stepping in, this kind man has time to take care of his own needs, like eating.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow for the SPCA to add that they were all in such good condition and social ...that's huge.
It really shows how easy it is to get overwhelmed while trying to do the right thing.

I'm sure the cats will be shipped to other rescues as well, now that there's media attention

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow for the SPCA to add that they were all in such good condition and social ...that's huge.
It really shows how easy it is to get overwhelmed while trying to do the right thing.

I'm sure the cats will be shipped to other rescues as well, now that there's media attention
From what I understand the SPCA will eventually be distributing them between their different shelters across BC, not sure if they are planning to work with other rescues though as they are the biggest rescue here in BC by far with a lot of different shelter locations.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on their website for a potential friend for Moose, even though the timing isn’t quuuite right yet, and I’ve seen quite a few of those Houston kitties popping up at their Sechelt shelter specifically. They don’t seem to be anywhere else (yet) but I believe the majority are too young/still needing treatment, spay/neuters, ect. so that makes sense.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From what I understand the SPCA will eventually be distributing them between their different shelters across BC, not sure if they are planning to work with other rescues though as they are the biggest rescue here in BC by far with a lot of different shelter locations.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on their website for a potential friend for Moose, even though the timing isn’t quuuite right yet, and I’ve seen quite a few of those Houston kitties popping up at their Sechelt shelter specifically. They don’t seem to be anywhere else (yet) but I believe the majority are too young/still needing treatment, spay/neuters, ect. so that makes sense.
I look forward to hearing about your new kitten once you find the puurrrfect match!

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all… thought I’d post this here first since you all seem interested in this situation and I’m not quite ready/in need of making my own thread yet.

I may have stopped by my local SPCA today. And brought a crate just incase.

And they may have had a few of the Houston rescue kitties up for adoption.

And I may have come home with one :sweat:

He was the most scared and shy of the bunch they got in but he let me give him lots of head rubs from his hidey hole and was loving them/rolling all around in there so happily, so I know he’s a sweet boy who wants love and just needs some time to warm up. He apparently LOVES other cats which was a huge must for me. He’s got big cheeks because he was only neutered recently and is very handsome, seems to be in good health but I did have to sign a waiver form as some cats rescued from the property had distemper, ect. but he is past the quarantine time and was snap tested as negative. He’s just over a year old and his estimated birthday is the same as mine :blush:

Here he is emerging from his crate just about ten minutes ago. Currently giving him some time alone to decompress. No official name yet, I need to get to know him first, but they had been calling him King Trident (which they immediately changed to Triton when I told them the king in The Little Mermaid is definitely named Triton, he just holds a trident 🔱 loool, all the Houston rescue kitties they got in had Little Mermaid themed names)

4F901A35-42F9-46B4-B136-8716994482AE.jpeg