Humphrey bought me a lovely present!

sierra_k

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My daughter's cat put a live mouse in her bed one night as a gift! You have never heard such screaming in your life!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can now add a fish to the list from next door neighbours pond!!!!!

Little so and so!!!

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat loves mice, rats, and fish. we used to live kinda out of town and now we have a big empty lot behind our house, and there is field mice there and she loved to hunt them. she would bring me presents and i'm sorry to say i handled it all wrong(some of them were still alive) and hurt her feelings and she doesn't bring them anymore. she has ate one of my brothers rats, he was an idiot and let them out and run around, plus he didn't have a top for the tank. i warned him but he didn't listen. She had kittens at the time and they were in the teaching-how-to-hunt stage, and i came home one day from school to walk into my room and find a head, tail, legs, and entrails lying in 3 piles all straightened out and neat on my floor.
another time one she ate my older brothers fish because he didn't have a proper lid, and i wasn't there to keep an eye on her. my mother has a huge tank of fish in the living room now and i still have to keep her from hitting the tank with both face and claws. the other cats don't really mess with it but she has eaten aquarium fish before(as you have previously read) so i have to keep an eye on her.
another time, my mother rescued 3 little kittens from our uncles(his kids would not leave them along so the feral mother left them) and she was fixed at the time so she didn't mother them(that was the dogs thing) but she took them under her wing when they got older. she decided to teach them one night, but they were still young so i had them inside during the night so when i called them it took a while for them to come. Stripes came round the house, then Teaser, then Mini, and then Had. the kittens came to the front door and milled around waiting for Had. she was about 5 feet from the door and she stumbled, or at least i thought. i had never seen her stumble before but she was fine and came into the house so i ignored it. she gets into the hall way and drops something. and the kittens go and nudge it around. i turned on a light and saw a little white baby mouse! after i froze in shock for a second Had went and picked it up and dropped it again. the kittens were watching wondering what was gonna happen. i went to go pick it up and IT MOVED! it was in some serious shock so it wasn't moving fast. i put a bowl over it and got a piece of paper under it so i could flip it. i think i walked outside with the cats following me, and i put it down. then i turned and walked back in the house. even if i had walked to the lot and put inside it, the cats still would have had it, and they looked like they were having so much fun so i just let them have it.